Chapter One

Alex's POV

"Wait you're really getting married? You?" I asked and then laughed at my best friend's disgrace.

"I don't see how any of this is funny," Kai said clearly pissed off about her situation.

"Sorry, it's just I can't see you in an actual relationship less of all married."

"Me neither but I can't do shit about it." Kai grumbled.

I could never imagine myself in the same situation Kai is in, I'm lucky enough that my parents don't give two fucks about me. Yes, they will judge whoever I brought home just because they can, but forcing me into a marriage? They know they could never get me to do that, they don't have anything on me since I worked for my own money.

Kai, however can't say the same thing and that's why she has to do whatever her dad tells her to.

"So she didn't come back here like she was supposed to?" I asked as I went to the fridge and grabbed a beer.

"No, I just supposed that she's with that boyfriend of her's or whatever," Kai shrugged.

"She has a boyfriend!?" I exclaimed in surprise.

Now this got way more interesting.

"Yeah."

"And you're fine with it?"

"I don't care about what she does, I don't even know the girl."

I hummed and took a sip of of my beer. "Is she hot at least?" I asked as we settled on the livingroom couch.

"She's a brat. But a really hot one," she responded.

"Nice." Well at least she got that as some kind of consolation.

As if on cue the penthouse's elevator doors opened and then this hot blonde girl walked in. She had this annoyed face that you could clearly tell she rather be anywhere else but here.

"Well hello there cutie," I greeted the blonde.

She stopped and looked me up and down in distaste. "Who the fuck are you?"

Well she is a bitch, Kai is sure going to have a field trip with this one. I wouldn't want to be her. So I decided to mess with her - meaning I would annoy Kai by relation.

"You were right Kai, she's a hot brat," I grinned making Kai's eyes widened at my comment of what she previously had said.

Iliana - if I remember her name correctly - turned to her with a glare, "You're a pig. Where's my room?" She demanded.

"Upstairs, at the end of the hallway on the right." Kai responded, ignoring the first part.

Once the blonde got the information she needed she walked off to her room. Which was a pity in all honesty, I would've enjoyed messing with her a bit more.

Kai turned back to me with a glare on her face. "Dude she's already a lot to handle and hates me, I don't need you making it worse," she complained.

Yeah, I think it's time for me to leave.

"Sucks for you, anyway I have to go so I'll see you later KaiKai," I walked pass her and into the elevator, with one last wave I left.

I did not want to be there when those two obviously got into a fight. I could tell they would have a lot of those, the girl radiated hate for her situation ever since she entered the penthouse and my comment may had made it worse. And knowing Kai she will worsen it with her blunt stupidity.

Anyways, I have better things to do.

Well not really but I should probably pass by my office to see if everything is in order, I haven't been there since before Kai and I took that trip to Las Vegas. It was worthy though, even if that asshole almost left me stranded there - I hadn't have that much fun in a while.

I finally walked out of the building, got in my BMW and drove to the office.

When I got there people were going in and out of the building and the receptionist seemed to be way busy by the abnormal amount of people here today. Lucky for me I had a private elevator for myself only, perks of owning the building I guess.

Once I entered I saw a familiar face rushing for the other elevator before it closed on her face. So I stopped mine before it closed and called the woman out, "Maya, here."

The brunette turned to me and a sight of relief occupied her face but it soon turned into a devilish look once she got on the elevator.

"Thanks, Ms. Dean." She said with a smirk.

"So cordial, aren't you miss Richards?"

"Of course, you are the boss after all," I looked back at her alluring blue eyes and chuckled.

Maya is a former intern that started to formally work here last year, let's just say she gained her well deserved promotion earlier than most. She and I have fucked a couple of times here and there, of course nothing even remotely close to be something serious, but I can say with certainty that the brunette was sure entertaining as well as... skilled.

My lifestyle revolves around one night stands and I know it's not something I should be proud of but I can't lie and say I don't like it. I love being single and fucking around and love partying. And none of that will change any time soon - maybe one day but I doubt it.

Even Kai has more chance of settling down than me, because between the two of us she has always has been the better woman, even if she herself doesn't think so.

Me? Well I'm just a piece of shit - to put it bluntly and simply.

"Have anywhere important to be right now?" I asked while looking at the numbers of the floor going up.

"Not really," she responded still with a grin on her face looking at the doors.

I hummed and casually walked to the buttons of the elevator and pressed one making it stop. As soon as I turned around I was attacked with Maya's lips on mine and I didn't waste time to respond and back her against one of the walls. I lifted one of her legs making her skirt run up. I let my hands wander up to her bottom and teased her core, she took the chance to now wrap her other leg around my waist as I kept her pressed against the wall in a heated kiss.

"Alex..." Maya moaned with her eyes closed as I sucked on her neck.

"Wasn't it ms. Dean?" I teased her and lightly bit on the flesh of her neck.

"Please, Alex..." she pleaded as she rubbed against me.

"Please what Maya?" I whispered, our lips too close but not yet touching.

"Fuck me," she breathed out.

I smirked and kissed her lips before kneeling down in front of her.

-

A/N - Surprise! We finally get to see inside Alex's world and soon enough April's, so I hope y'all liked the first chapter.

Don't forget to like and comment ;)