Chapter Eighteen

April's POV

"No mom I can't go this week, I'm swarmed with work." I said through the phone as I changed the channels while simultaneously eating popcorn.

"That's a shame, I wanted to show you how the garden has blossomed so beautifully. Oh and your dad and I want to meet your boyfriend! It's about time." My mom said with excitement on her voice. I didn't have anything against them meeting Drew, it was about time given to the fact that we have been dating for almost a year.

It has been good and Drew is beyond amazing. It's just... I don't know. I haven't found the right time.

"He's been very busy with work as I have, but I will try to go visit as soon as we can." I hoped that that was enough to get my mom off my case for the time being. And I was relieved when it worked.

"Fine, I'll be waiting. I got to now honey, your dad and I are going out to the store." My mom said before hanging up on me after I had said my goodbyes.

It was a Saturday afternoon, Drew was out walking Bandit while I watched the new season of The Sex Lives of College Girls. Leighton likes blondes that look like her... which made me wonder if I could date someone who's just like me... or at least a blonde like me.

No you like dark haired women.

Fuck.

My life was perfect... so fucking perfect. And that's great isn't it? I have a fantastic boyfriend, a stable good paying job, my best friend. What more could I ask for?

Why do I have the need for more?

I hear the door of the apartment open up and just like that my thoughts banished, the sound of the television was now in the background as I saw Drew enter. He came in with Bandit who rushed to greet me before going to drink water on his room.

Yes, Drew had given his dog his own room. It was adorable and funny.

Drew was wearing a dark blue long sleeve training shirt with black shorts, his brown hair was messy and slightly wet from sweat. "Hi babe." He greeted me—a hand running through her hair to take it off his hazel eyes.

"Hi." He leaned down and kissed the top of my head as I pretended to be paying attention to my show— which I was kind of doing... well I vaguely knew what was happening.

"What you watching?" I turned to see him take his shirt off, his sweaty dark brown hair falling over his eyes again.

I bit my lip and tried to contain any hormonal urge I might get. It was not the time to fuck... that's what my brain is telling me, but is like my pussy has a mind of it's own and every rational thought goes out of the window.

"A show." I responded pathetically as I tried not to drool as I watched him do bars in the doorframe to his bedroom. His big back muscles flexing as he did each.

God, do big muscular—but kind hearted men are my weakness.

And so are bitch selfish women.

"Yeah that much I gathered." Drew chuckled at my answer.

"Well is not Succession so don't worry. I promised we'll catch up on season two together."

"I'm sorry babe, I will finish it I just don't want it to end so quickly, that's why I'm watching one episode a day." He finished doing his workout and came over to the couch to sit besides me. His naked chest out to be admired.

I hummed—his greenish hazel eyes looking at me from behind strands of hair. My will ran out and I straddled him, catching him off guard with a kiss, but he recovered quickly and put his big hands on my hips. I started rocking back and forth as I plunged my tongue inside his mouth, his lips weren't the softest but he was great kisser.