Chapter Nine

Alex's POV

Fuck my head hurts like hell.

That was the first thought in my mind as I was awoken by the sun rays coming through the poorly shut curtains of the window. The second was what time is it... or day?

Turning my head to the side I was met by the sigh of brown hair, it was then that every memory of last night came flowing to my brain—from how much I drank, the dancing, the pool, to the body shots and then to... whoever she is, I just know she did not disappoint me last night.

My mind —of course— just had to remind me of the worst part of last night — how I invited April because... god's knows why I did it, that among all the cruel things I said to Kai about her.

I do regret that, but what is done is done.

With a sigh I stand up from my bed just to be met with the mess of clothes all over the floor. If my bedroom is a mess I dread to see how everything is downstairs and outside. I better get on with calling a cleaning service already.

I saw the girl start to stir awake—confusion on her face for a second until you could see the realization hit her. "Hi," she greeted cheapishly.

"Morning." I mumbled putting an oversized shirt on.

She sat up and cleared her throat awkwardly. "I... I should get going," I nodded wordlessly as the woman started to quickly grab her clothes and put them on. Once she was done I followed to the door of my room and out she went.

What I did not expect was seeing a familiar brunette sneaking out of one of the bedrooms in the other side of the floor. Forgetting the unnamed woman who left my room and letting her find her own way out, I made my way to the one that the brunette sneaked out from—having a feeling of who was in there.

Pushing the door open of the guest room I was unsurprised when seeing my best friend laying asleep on the bed and surely naked under the bed sheets.

"Kai wake the fuck up is midday." I said as I stood besides the mattress, but all I got in return were incomprehensible grumbles.

"Kai." I repeated and this time heard a 'fuck you' coming from her. So I got close to her ear and...

"MALAKAI WAKE UP!"

Bad idea.

I got head butted with the back of her head. "Oh you fucking bitch!" I yelled while holding my nose.

"Damn that sounded like it hurt." Kai said in a sleepy voice still.

"Oh my god I feel blood." I put my head back, "Kai you mother fucker, you broke my nose!"

"I didn't hit you hard enough for that—don't be dramatic. Besides, who told you screaming in my ear to wake me up was a good idea?"

"I can feel the blood running down my nose, you bitch." I walked to the connected bathroom to clean myself.

"You gotta put pressure on that. And maybe get some ice for it, it will most definitely bruise." Kai stood against the door frame of the bathroom—covered with some shorts and her bra. This is her room when she stays over, so it's not surprising that she has clothes in here.

"I detest you."

"Well you certainly woke up full of love today. You deserved that hit by the way—you talked too much shit last night." I walked past her while still holding my nose with one hand and the other had a piece of toilet paper, luckily it had started to stop bleeding.

"Fuck off Kai."

"Don't ignore me Alexandria, you know I'm right." Kai spoke as she followed me around the house until we got to the kitchen.

The house was really a giant mess, fortunately everyone had left.

"What do you want me to say?" I opened the freezer and grabbed an ice pack, which I then wrapped on an unused towel before putting it against my bruised nose.

"Anything, like why are you being such a fucking bitch to someone as sweet and kind hearted as April?"

"I don't know Kai, why did you fuck Emma last night?"

Good one Alexandria, deflect the attention from yourself.

"This is not about me!"

"Yeah? And why is it about me?" I put the ice pack down just so she could see me glare at her.

"Because this attitude of yours, the same that is always so adamant to push anyone that could bring something else to your life that is not partying, fucking and getting drunk."

I let a humorless chuckle, "You are one to talk. Besides there is nothing there with April, I don't know what you are talking about."

"You can't gaslight your way out of this Alexandria." I rolled my eyes at the use of my full name. "I'm not stupid, I know you two have been sneaking out. I don't blame you for keeping it a secret because I know firsthand how difficult Iliana is. What I do blame you for is fucking it up."

I had my suspicions that Kai knew about us, so I'm not surprised.

"I didn't fuck anything up."

"Right you just invited her and let her watch you with your tongue down a bunch of different people's throats. You didn't see her face, Alex." Kai's words made my chest sting with guilt at the thought of those big doe eyes filled with sadness.

No, get it together.

"It doesn't matter, you know me. She doesn't mean anything more to me." I could see the disappointment in my best friend's face—and it does hurts to see, but is also something I'm used to.

"Someday you will have to grow up Alex, someday you'll realize that not everyone is out to get you and hurt you. Someday you'll see that you are capable of love." Kai was about to leave the kitchen until I spoke up—making her stop on her tracks.

"You talk about me, but I see you too Kai, you are my best friend after all. I see that you feel something for Iliana and how scared you are of it and the thought of rejection that makes you not act on your feelings. That's why you slept with Emma after you haven't fucked anyone since before the wedding. You will regret things too." Kai stood there for a few seconds, without turning around or saying anything.

"That will make two of us then." She said before finally walking out.

-