Chapter Fifteen

April's POV

Ending all the work too early was sometimes good and others just so damn tedious, because I still had to stay at the office regardless.

Normally I would just go and bother Iliana in her office, but I'm not sure if she even came to work. She's been acting weird lately, haven't seen much of her either.

I better check up on her.

Standing up from my chair, with my mind made up I exited my cubicle. I walked through the hall full of people on their own space of work, too busy in either their computers or doing anything but work. Iliana's office was a floor above us, being the boss had it's perks and with that came the biggest office in the last floor of the building all for herself.

Luckily for me I didn't have to wait for the elevator as it was already on my floor—pressing the button the doors closed. The ride was short and as the doors went back open I could already see Ellie sat outside Iliana's office on her desk, her attention being all on her computer.

"Hi Ellie." I greeted her making her divert her gaze from the monitor and to me.

"Hey April! How can I help you?"

"I was wondering if Iliana came into work today? I haven't talked to her today so I don't know." I leaned on her wooden desk.

"Oh she did, although she is busy right now."

"Busy?" I questioned.

"Yes, she's inside her office with her boyfriend." Ellie revealed the last part quietly, as she knows no one can find out—I gritted my teeth at that, trying to hide my annoyance.

"Is she? Thank you Ellie." I forcibly smiled at her and headed for the door.

"Wait she said she is not to be bothered!"

"Oh I will bother alright." I muttered as I opened the doors of the office harshly—making sure that my presence was known.

"April." Iliana said immediately as she saw me come in, she was standing on the middle of her office—Josh towering in front of her.

I looked between the two of them, my gaze lingering longer on Josh —I swear that man has never given me a good feeling. Always so stoic and the way he spoke was just like a stuck up asshole—I've never liked him when he first got with Iliana and I never will.

"Don't you know how to knock?" Josh didn't even bother to look away from Iliana—the latter looking rather uncomfortable.

"Don't you have a job?"

"April." Iliana called out to me, her grey eyes wide and her jaw clenching. "What is it?"

"I need to talk to you about work." I looked again at the parasite at her side, "Not that I expect you to know what that is." I spoke to her boyfriend.

He approached me, clearly bothered by my snide comment — however I could just roll my eyes at him. "You think you are funny?" Josh's dark brown eyes stared at me.

"I know I am. Now clear out, Iliana and I have work to do." I said not intimidated by him in the slightest, that's all he knew how to do.

A dog with no bite.

Iliana grabbed his arm—trying to capture his attention, but to not avail as we were stuck in a glaring match. "She's right Josh, I have work to get to."

That made him finally look away from me, "I see... meet you at home, right babe?"

I hate the way he looks at her— why can't Iliana see that he's no good for her?