³- FACE HIM

----.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.----
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
°・:*✧✧*:・゚
:・゚
・゚✧
'

ㄥ|爪|ㄒㄥ乇丂丂

✧*:・゚✧

ch³-face him

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

The fear that had found a home inside my heart, after the first shell was dropped in the woods, my nights were never the same. I could hear in my mind as I lay awake in my bed, the 'clings' of swords clashing together and the shrieks of men dying at the hands of-men, though it was impossible, for we live kilometres away from the Warfield. I guess the fear of another shell dropping on my head kept me away from my slumber.

Unable to sleep even a wink, I would leave to the outhouse, the silence always welcoming me, and I'd sit there in a corner, singing whatever tunes come to my mind, until the urge to shut my eyes was so grand, that I'd fall asleep right there on the spot. Even if a shell was to drop, killing me, I'd be glad to die with the vibrations of my passion, music, running through my veins.

This, was the case every night.

Yet, this night, it is different.

I lay there in my bed, after putting Jun to sleep, debating whether to go to the outhouse, or not. My heart cries for me to leave this small space and to go out into the open to have a free breath. Yet, my mind debates, to not enter a space which holds an unknown man, that too one, who belongs to the enemy troop.

Closing my eyes, I shut down my thoughts for a minute, the black enveloping my vision. I try to fall asleep, yet I can't, not when I feel this suffocated.

I throw the blanket covering me off my body, standing up from the bed and exiting the room. I hurry outside the house, and finally stepping on the grounds covered by the grass, I feel free. I inhale deeply, the cool night air, and it helps loosen the uncomfortable knots in my stomach.

My eyes fall upon the abandoned outhouse, the same as the one me and my elder brother spent half our childhood playing in. After our horses where taken away from us, Taehyung had locked it down, saying that it's purpose was over. Yet, I visit it every night to have my peace of mind. A smile stretches my lips.

I walk to it, and search for the keys I hid under the window pane, in a tiny old hole in the wall. I unlock it as quietly as possible, and the cool darkness welcomes me as soon as I open the doors.

Quietly, I saunter over to my favourite spot, the one under the window at the back the outhouse. I cross my legs, and fold them to my chest, wrapping my arms around them, and leaning my head back on the wall.

The familiar tune starts to leave my lips soon, followed by my blurry memories playing in my mind.

"Hey! I know what I get reminded of, when I watch them!" he enthusiastically exclaimed.

The girl giggled, tilting her head to the right to look at him gazing at the twinkly night sky, the soft grass tickling the supple skin of her cheek.

"Tell me about it!"

A bright smile settled on his lips as he craned his neck to the left, meeting her soft, innocently round eyes.

"You."

The notes leave my throat swiftly, guiding my hums, and I close my eyes to savour the pleasure I earn through this. This, is where my passion has been laying since I was a child. I remember him, listening to me sing as he layed his head on my lap, while I ran my little fingers through his hair.

Those were the best of days. Well, before it happened.

A loud thump echoes through the silence of the place, followed by a low muffled groan, and I already know that my secret guest is awake.

Getting onto my feet, I hurry to the old puffy wooden door at the left corner of the outhouse, hidden perfectly behind the shadows. I quickly unlock the door, cracking it open mere inches, to have a peep inside.

I'd be lying if I said I am not scared.

The stairs descend into the dark, making it impossible for me to see beyond where the stairs end. The air mixes with the darkness, looming over my head just as dense as the nervousness settling inside me.

As I reach the ground, I look around the place, my eyes starting to adjust in the dark. I raise my arms in front of me, my fingers coming in contact with the cold wall, and I trace the surface till I reach the corner. I then trace my fingers down to the ground where there must be a lantern with matchsticks, placed there intentionally just in case. My fingers hit the cool glass surface, and I lift it along with the matches. I hope there's enough oil to last a few minutes. As I light it up, the darkness around me instantly fades away.

I turn around to find the mattress I'd placed him on empty of any body, and my heart instantly falls to my stomach. Gulping, I take hesitant steps forward tilting my head to make it easier for my eyes to spot him.

"H-hello?"

Abruptly, I am turned around by a harsh hold on my wrist, the lantern being snatched away from me. The next thing I feel is a sharp pain, originating from the back of my head and running down my spine, as my back hits the hard surface of the wall. My lids fly shut over the eyes, trying to help me absorb the pain, and a groan leaves my lips. A low incoherent mumble reaches my ears, compelling me to open my eyes.

As soon as they open, my eyes are met by two murky russet orbs, held within two doe-eye shaped monolids, and the mere sight of them takes my breath away.

✧*:・゚✧

1000 words.

----.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.----
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
°・:*✧✧*:・゚
:・゚
・゚✧
'