¹²- THE ESCAPE

----.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.----
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
°・:*✧✧*:・゚
:・゚
・゚✧
'

ㄥ|爪|ㄒㄥ乇丂丂

✧*:・゚✧

ch¹²-the escape

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

The panic and fright that laces Taehyung's voice as he shouts for me, sets off the trepidation inside me. Him being nervous is a rare thing to witness, even in the most difficult and hopelessness circumstances.

Jungkook leans back only a bit, glancing at upstairs for a moment, then looking back at me. His eyes harden.

"Go."

"J-Jungkook, but-"

"Now."

His voice is commanding, dominant, clear and sharp as a crystal. It has never been like that with me, not even during the period of his trustlessness.

I scramble to get on my feet, nearly tripping over my own dress cloth, to dash upstairs. My heart pounds, as I look back at him from up the stairs gathering medicals and some other items in a makeshift cloth sack in a questionable hurry.

Upon meeting my eyes, he directs to me a quick nod before I take my exit.

Throwing the large, dilapidated wooden doors open, I am met with a sight that sets my lungs on fire, and a sole sob breaks through my throat choked with tears.

No.

A painful distance separates me and my family as they stand there at the skirting of the woods, all primed up, guilty tears running down their faces, yet prepared to leave here for the sake of life.

It is time.

Somewhere in my heart, I had hoped, that this news of the dreaded shelling would be a mere rumour, or a misinterpretation of the enemies' plan; that we wouldn't have to leave the only place, the only memory of our parents and the lives we had before this war, behind. Or at least, we had a little while to depart with it, with a proper farewell.

But, everything does not go as wished for in life.

Taehyung shouts furiously for me to join them, being held back by another man, probably one of the three informers, from running back to get me myself. His eyes are wide and bloodshot, visible even from this distance, and they beg mine to hurry.
Rae is mounted on a horse with Jun crying into her chest, quivering with hiccups.