¹⁹- THE INTERMITTENT SIGHT

----.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.----
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
°・:*✧✧*:・゚
:・゚
・゚✧
'

ㄥ|爪|ㄒㄥ乇丂丂

✧*:・゚✧

ch¹⁹- the intermittent sight

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

Byeong's home is just how it had been the last time I was here; it was a couple years back. Though the impregnable and hard-wearing bricks and stones which were placed one upon another to make them into strong walls by my own father, and his, decades back, the work of time upon the surface of these is now quite decipherable.

Reaching the small yet snug porch of his little cottage, I let my steps falter for a moment, taking in every little detail of it, old and new alike. The walls stand erect, painted in fresh whitewash of a few days, the bright colour hiding away a series of damage and stains over the years behind it, yet the dream charm that chimes with every passing wind, at the steps, is as it was a handful of years ago, when it had been gifted to Byeong's mother by my own.

At the head of the little staircase, Byeong halts, to turn around. He watches me reading every intricacy of the warmly familiar place, smiling knowingly.

"Welcome home, Hae."

-

The embrace of Byeong's mother is successful in bringing back moisture to my eyes. A good number of the early younger days of my life had been spent here, in this house; my parents having a very close friendship with his. Pre-war, my father would usually take us here, to the village, along with him, almost every other day. He was a lord to a number of chunks of land, passed down to him by the ancestors. He loved to engage in the farming activities, hence visiting the village so very often. He would leave us at Byeong's, and set off along his father to farm.

Sometimes he'd leave us here for a night stay, upon our mulishness. Those night, we three would play and play and play, and sleep would grace us only upon Byeong's mother's sweet lullabies.

Her arms offer me a familiar warmth that I'd been missing for years, since my parents left us for a better place. She knows how I feel, and always has, as she tightens her hold on me.