²⁶- TREPIDATION AND FAITH

----.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.----
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
°・:*✧✧*:・゚
:・゚
・゚✧
'

ㄥ|爪|ㄒㄥ乇丂丂

ㄥ|爪|ㄒㄥ乇丂丂

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

✧*:・゚✧

ch²⁶—trepidation and faith

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

To go to the Camp together seems more outlandish by every step forward that we take. It is a manifest fact, of what is going to happen when we reach the chief town. Being at war for as long as we have been makes any ruler sceptical and mistrustful, unforgiving, and hardhearted. A soldier from the enemy side, walking through the grandiose large gates of the palace, and presenting himself in front of the Highnesses willingly, hoping to walk out alive is most definitely a witless thought; so is the idea of this soldier's confederates, those who lodged him in their own house, fed him, healed him, escorted him, to not be charged of treason. To go to the Camp together is a thought that I don't want to give a thought to anymore.

The dead leaves that lay on the ground, forming a blanket over the yellowing grass crunch under the heavy hooves of the horses. The sky above is actively playing with colours, for one moment the welkin is a playful azure, the next, a breathtaking cerulean, and now, an enchanting and alluring tangerine, that fuses with mauve to make one. The evening prepares to take over the day, and the air grows crisp, in contrast to the warm fingers that curl around mine protectively. Raven walks inches away from Grey, as Jungkook rests our intertwined hands on my lap, thumb caressing the cool skin on the back of mine, an effort to calm the nerves of mine that shiver with trepidation, as my brother leads the way to Buseong.

Timorous is what has become of me since yesterday morning, since it had been agreed upon to travel to the chief town instead. But all these hours have helped me understand that this has to be done. Even if it isn't certain if the high powers would even believe in what Jungkook, a mere enemy soldier would tell them, the chance had to be utilized, a risk had to be taken.

Yet, even if it was crystal clear to me that this was inevitable, and has to be carried out, it does little to ease out my nerves, and the ache in my chest that is followed by my sinking heart. The gentle squeezes around my fingers remind me time and again that this hand, that envelopes mine protectively, those caresses that leave warmth in their wake, and those twinkling eyes that took my breath away the first time and every single time that followed the first, the man that has been the cause of the quivers in my heart; all this is to not last.

A part of me wonders of what would have ensued had we met under circumstances that differed than the current ones.

Those thoughts that cloud my mind clear away, when we halt at my brother's command. There it is. The chief town, Buseong. It stands a few hundred metres away, a perimeter of a rockwall running around it. It bustles with activity, though it is unlike what a person would expect of a chief town. Although there are homes, lands, and shops that can be spotted from far away, citizens are hard to make out. Maybe it is due to the fact that most people that could be seen are included in the troops that seemingly train at different spots, with weapons, with controlled and coordinated movements. But one thing that cannot be skipped by one's eyes even if they wanted to is the palace that stands tall and proud, situated on the top of a hill.

𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 | JJKजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें