I decided to unload my books.   It game me some pleasure seeing the titles as I packed them into a bookshelf in the room.    I also noticed an easel towards the left corner.    There was a tall cupboard next to the easel and as I opened it I noticed all kinds of paints and implements for me to paint. 

Everything I needed except a couple of things.   Light and inspiration.  

My stomach growled and I went back through to the kitchen.   I made myself a sandwich and grabbed a water.   Sitting down I wondered why I still couldn't relaxed and realised something.   The quiet.   It was everywhere.   No music, no chatter no laughter. 

I may be in the lap of luxury but it still felt like the dark, damp basement of my nightmares.   I took my dishes and washed them.   Looking through the cupboards I noticed I had enough ingredients to bake.   I may not have an appetite but at least it would smell nice.

I think I've lost how many days I've been here with no light or clock it's impossible. Any unwatered rubbish is put in a bag and down a chute. Something that was too small for me I'd thought of that.

I felt like a bird in a guild cage and my only relief was exercise. I struggled reading. My focus was impaired and I tried painting once but found I just sat looking at the blank canvas.

After five days at which I'm guessing Derek appeared. "We have a party tonight and Pierre wants your presence" he presented me with a dress, shoes and jewellery. I took them obediently and nodded.

"I will give you two hours before I return" Derek said before leaving.

I decided to have a bath and make an effort. I dried my hair straight and decided to leave it down. I put on a black lace bra and panties set. I made my eyes a heavy grey smudge and decided to put on some red lipstick. It seemed appropriate as the dress was red.

I pulled the wrapping of the dress and gasped. It was beautiful. It was a tight silk bodice with an organza on the outside flowing out with a train. Small delicate red flowers edged the organza on the bottom edge, neckline and wrists. I slipped it on and it fit like a glove. I slipped on the red stilettos and walked over to the mirror.

I'm not quiet sure how I managed it but I looked beautiful and dangerous. How on Earth I had mad myself look untouchable I've no idea but I liked it.

I heard Derek enter the adjacent room and made my way out. As he looked at me his eyebrow raised. "Why do you have to make my job harder?" he said.

I frowned at him wondering what he meant. "Everyone will be wanting either your attention or your last breath" he said with such frustration.

I just stared. These people would not see my fear or my inner turmoil. "Come" he said.

I walked to him and followed him down the stairs. He led me across the corridor to a door. It was an office and Pierre was sat in a chair by the window. Derek led me to a chair beside him.

"Tonight Pria I want you to mingle. These people here would love to take you from me, be careful or I might just let them" he turned his cold stare towards me.

"Watch Carmel. She is utterly uninteresting and I would not have tolerated her for a moment but I want to know who her contact is. You have tonight as she will not be leaving this castle Alice. She thinks she is irresistible but she has no idea what to do with a cock" I was surprised at Pierre's choice of words but schooled my features.

"Derek keep to Pria's side. Desmond is watching Carmel. After tonight Carmel is yours" he said as he stood.

"Come Pria come and enraptured my guests like you do with most people" Pierre said offering me his arm but I noticed a sly glance towards Derek.