11. 𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

HINATA

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Hinata, are you sure about this?" Kageyama asked, shifting uncomfortably next to Hinata

"Hinata, are you sure about this?" Kageyama asked, shifting uncomfortably next to Hinata. He was twiddling his thumbs nervously as they stepped onto the bus.

"Yes, Kageyama! My family will love you, don't be nervous," Hinata reassured, patting his shoulders comfortingly. Hinata looked up at Kageyama's eyes that were darting skittishly around the bus. "What's wrong? Are you seriously that anxious to meet my parents?"

Kageyama crossed his arms and shook his head. "I'm more nervous to find out what Tanaka is going to do... or rather say," he said, pointing at Tanaka who smugly eyed them from the back of the bus.

Hinata gulped as the second-year boy smirked at the couple. Their volleyball teammates knew about their relationship ever since that fight they had, but none of them knew that they were sexually active... except Tanaka, who saw it with his eyes, and Tsukishima, who guessed it.

Hinata grabbed Kageyama's arms and dragged him to the seat closest to Tanaka. Tanaka stuck his tongue out at them as they approached and wiggled his eyebrows tauntingly.

"What are you doing, Hinata?" Kageyama hissed. "We should be staying as far away from Tanaka as possible," he pointed out.

"Not unless we want him to tell everyone. We should use this opportunity to persuade or bribe the guy into keeping it a secret," Hinata remarked, stepping into the seating aisle first.

Kageyama huffed as he slid next to Hinata on the seat. "Even if we did bribe him, the secret is going to come out someday."

Hinata pursed his lips and waved to Tanaka. "Tanaka! Hey," he shouted, as the bus started to move.

Tanaka simply smirked in response. "Hey, Hinata and Kageyama. I don't want to interrupt your date. So have fun!"

Hinata sighed while Kageyama rolled his eyes. "Hey, Tanaka!" Kageyama curtly yelled at the boy across the aisle. "Don't tell anyone you saw us," he ordered, narrowing his eyes at him.

Tanaka crossed his arms beneath his neck and sighed happily. It was as if he enjoyed holding something against the boys. "Sorry, but I already told them!" Tanaka said, winking at the boys.

Hinata slapped his forehead and groaned. "Damn it," he muttered, slumping against his seat.

Kageyama wrapped his arms around Hinata's shoulder, and Hinata rested his head on his shoulder, enjoying the embrace. "Whatever, Hinata. The least those guys will do is tease us," he assured.

"They'll tease us for years! Especially Tsukishima!" Hinata grumpily replied, pouting. "And why are you okay with those guys knowing, but you're nervous about letting our parents know?"

"You don't know my parents, Hinata. They will not like this at all," he gruffly said, staring off into the distance.

"That's why we're telling my family first, so you can realize that there are lots of people who will accept us," Hinata said, nuzzling his nose against the nape of his neck.

"Let's just think about it when we get there, okay?" Kageyama asked, ruffling his hair and planting a kiss on his forehead.

Hinata nodded solemnly and snuggled his tiny arms around Kageyama's broad chest. "Everything will turn out great, so don't worry."

♡━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━♡

"Hey, mom!" Hinata called, once they arrived at his house.

Kageyama slowly trailed behind him, his hands anxiously stuffed in his pockets. His gaze was cast on the floor, and Hinata had to lift his head up for him. "At least look presentable for my mother!" he gently scolded. Kageyama pursed his lips, looking cute unintentionally. 

"Hinata? Did you bring a friend?" his mom said, as the boys approached the kitchen where she was.

Hinata exchanged a timid glance with Kageyama and nodded. We shouldn't tell her right away, instead talking about it naturally would be better. "Yeah, Kageyama is here with me," he said, when they entered the kitchen.

Hinata's mom turned around and smiled brightly at Kageyama. "Kageyama! It's so great to see you again. Do you want to eat something?" she asked, while rubbing a rag cloth around a white plate.

Kageyama earnestly nodded, politely smiling at her. "Yes, please."

When they were all seated at the table, along with Hinata's sister Natsu, Hinata thought that now would be the best time to tell his family. He rubbed his feet against Kageyama's leg under the table, signalling to him that he was going to start. Kageyama looked up from his food and shook his head, but Hinata nudged him harder, so Kageyama finally obliged.

"Mom, there's something important Kageyama and I need to tell you," Hinata said, after clearing his throat. Suddenly, butterflies fluttered inside his stomach, and he realized that he actually was nervous. 

"Oh?" his mom said, glancing at the two boys. "What is it? Is it something bad? Is it something about volleyball?" she asked, her eyes wide with concern.

Hinata bit his lip and shook his head. "No, it's nothing bad..." He inahled sharply and decided to say it right now, or else he would never be able to muster up the courage to say it. He glanced at Kageyama who gave him a reassuring nod, although he was anxious himself. He peered at his younger sister who was making a mess with her food, not at all paying attention to the conversation.

"Mom, Kageyama and I are dating."

His mother's lips parted with surprise, not expecting that at all. Her eyes darted between the two boys who sat across from each other, and with every passing second, her eyes widened with more and more realization. 

"Oh, my! That makes so much sense," she exclaimed happily. Kageyama raised his eyebrows with confusion as Hinata's knotted stomach eased its tension. "Wow, I was not expecting that, but at the same time, it makes so much sense!"

"W-What do you mean?" Kageyama asked, still not understanding whether her reaction was good or not.

His mother clasped her hands together and a huge smile lit her features. "Hinata always talks about you, more than any of his other friends-"

"Mom!" Hinata exclaimed, embarrassed as Kageyama laughed at him. Although, happiness and relief flooded his veins. I was right, she's fine with this!

"This is so exciting! Hinata never had a relationship before, and I was starting to get worried. I'm honestly so glad that he's with you, Kageyama. You two know each other so well, and I can trust you to take care of my baby," she said, her eyes glistening with joy.

Kageyama grinned, never before hearing those words. Hinata lips upturned in a grin too, because seeing Kageyama happy made him happy. "Thanks, mom," Hinata said, outstretching his arms to hug her.

Natsu looked up from her food, sauce smeared all over her face. "Hinata has a boyfriend!" 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.