Chapter 14

Dream felt Techno's gaze on his back as he run away to his room, smashing the door and locking himself in, letting his body just slide down the wall. There was a hole in his chest, empty space that felt like a black hole, sucking in all blood from his body and letting him die.

His hands trembled when he tried to hug his knees, rocking back and forth so he could calm himself down. There was a sound coming from outside his room, steps and panting mixed with sounds of leather boots squeeking. Someone tried to grab a door knob and get inside but quickly realized that room was locked and that something else is also blocking the door.

"Dream? Are you okay?" 

Technoblade sounded genuinely worried about his friend's well being. There was a tint of dread in his voice and the way it felt like he actually cared for Dream made the blonde feel a strong tug on his stomach. It was like he was purposely playing with him, pulling him to himself with his smiles, compliments and all those lovely gestures but then throwing him away right away. It was like a ride on a rollercoaster and he felt like another sharp turn is going to make him fall out of his seat.

"Please, leave me alone." Dream buried his face into warm embrance of his knees, feeling his breath and cheeks get hot as his whole body fought with love like it was some kind of virus.

"I am not planning on going away," he felt Techno lean onto the door. "I cut you in the fight? Are you harmed? If yes, then I need to call the doctor-"

"Techno I am fine, please leave me alone." blonde felt another heat wave go through his body what was fighting with itself, torn between cursing Techno out, not wanting to see him ever again and opening the doors and pulling him into a hug, not letting him go. 

He was frozen to the ground, not being able to move as he waited for Technoblade's response.

"...what did I do to you Dream?" 

His voice was soft and timid, like he was a small scared animal. It felt nothing like him and the sudden change made Dream feel a bit uneasy. He imagined Techno's face as he stood behind the door with his eyes watery, just like the day they become friends and he shared his whole life with him. 

"Please..." blonde whined. "I don't wanna talk to you. I wanna be alone."

There was a silence, it was like universe made this moment for them so they could scream at each other what their hearts told them, but instead they both just stood there, listening to their brains and staying silent.

Without saying a word, Techno turned around and dissapeared, leaving Dream alone, just like he wanted. Blonde waited until sounds of his heavy boots vanished and he could finally let out the long held desperate cry, weeping like a little kid. He rose up from the ground only to fall down on the bed right away, feeling like his body used all his energy just for this little movement.

The soft matress felt like a sandy ground, swallowing him whole and leaving just bones as a reminder that there was once a man named Dream who loved until he hated, man who died unfulfilled and sad, miles away from his home and just a few steps from lover he yearned for but could never have.

His mind flashed him compilation of the little touches they shared and smiles they exchanged, soft, pastel pink hair fluttering in the wind and the scar he gave him. Every little memory was like a punch in his face, making him lose his vision and hearing, leaving him to die in his cold messy room, buried into hay filled matress as a peasant he always was.