“Haa bilkul, bataiye maa kya karna hai?” she said adjusting her dupatta

“arre kuch nahi karna hai, yeh masti kar rahi hai, Maharaj ji ne subah hi sara khana bana diya tha” Maa smiled, and continued

“yeh Preeti apne ghar mein ek chammach nahi uthati, yaha aake kaam karegi? Pura din bass emails aur clients mein busy rehti hai” Maa admonished looking at Preeti.

“Meri toh bass Shehnaaz hi hai” maa patted her cheek lovingly.

“Chal beta tujhe help karni hai na meri? Tu yeh bhindi kaat le, uski sabzi banani hai” Maa handed her the bowl of washed bhindi.

“Yeh alag se kyu bana rahe hai hum?” Shehnaaz asked

“Kyuki Maharaj ne lauki ki sabzi banayi hai, Sidharth nahi khata na” she replied.

“Hain? Kyu nahi khata? Kitni baar toh banwayi hai maine, usne toh hamesha acche se khayi hai” Shehnaaz blurted, making maa and Preeti smile.

As they all settled for lunch, Sidharth and Preeti were engaged in a taunting match trying to score more and more over each other.

“Preeti tu toh chup hi kar, I still remember the first time you had put Make up at Neetu’s wedding. U were looking like a Christmas ghost. Poor Rajiv, he dropped the plan to make u meet his parents” Sidharth guffawed, recollecting an old incident, angering Preeti.

“haan toh kya hua? i was a dud in grooming myself, cuz I was busy studying my ass out. Tere jaise nahi, ki padhai karne ke naam pe, chori chori cigarette peena. Shehnaaz isne 9th std se hi chalu kar diya tha” She revealed shocking Shehnaaz.

The rest were calm cuz they had heard this taunt fly from Preeti numerous times now.

Sidharth was ready with a comeback but maa interrupted them

“Chalo ab bass karo” she signalled him to be quiet and started passing the bowls to everyone.

To her amazement, Sidharth sat quietly while Shehnaaz served him food and even ate the lauki without any tantrums.

“Sid, I didn’t know you have expanded your palate“ maa narrowed her eyes at him.

“Maa, aapke saamne hi nakhre karta hai woh, iske saamne muh se chu nahi nikalti uske” Preeti giggled and mouthed BITCH silently, irking him.

“Maa abhi iska zyada ho raha hai ha” Sidharth warned Preeti but looked at Maa.

“aye chup chaap khaao yaar abhi” maa scolded them both

“tum dono se acche mere yeh do bacche hai, kitne pyaar se khana enjoy kar rahe hai” she looked at Rajiv and Shehnaaz as they both hi-fived each other across the table.

 “kal se nayi life, naya experience hoga tere liye. All the best for that my baby, make us all proud” Maa hugged Shehnaaz and gave her good luck for her first day at work.

“Maa she’s working with me, stress ki toh koi baat hi nahi hai, I will take care of this little one” she pinched Shehnaaz’s cheeks lightly.

They all finished their lunch with a light conversation flowing across the table and left soon after.

*

Sidharth and Shehnaaz headed for a shopping spree to load her wardrobe with office wear.

“bebu, dekh na, yeh wali sahi hai? She asked, pulling an olive-green shirt from the rack.

“ooh niiiicceee” he crooned, hardly paying attention to the garment.

“Tu bina dekhe hi bol raha hai na? she complained

“Nahi baby, maine dekha.. its nice. Tere pe saare kapde jachte hai jaan, pichle do ghanta mein, hum chaar shops khaali kar chuke hai. Chal abhi, thodi shopping baad ke liye rakh le. Main pakk gaya hu” he whined, scratching his jaw.

“Main na next time tujhe saath hi nahi lana, akeli aaya karungi main. Tujhe bhaav deti hu na isliye Badi akkad maarta hai tu.” she huffed and walked away to the changing room.

Sidharth groaned as he knew this will be followed by a fashion parade when she will wear each and every clothing one by one and walk out to show it to him, continuing the same pattern from the previous shops.

He sighed heavily awaiting his plum to emerge dressed as the perfect corporate child.

This time, she had not fretted about footing the bill herself and had asked Sidharth to do the honors, delighting him.

This was the only best part about this painful activity.

Shehnaaz exercising her full right on him, rather his black AmEx.

A tired Sidharth and an over excited Shehnaaz, met on the bed that night.

She was on and on about how the next day would be.

“Soch nonu, mera apna desk, mera laptop, mera visiting card” she exclaimed, merrily

“main itni excited hu, main bata nahi sakti tujhe” She rolled in his arms, fetching her phone from the night stand to set an alarm.

“Mera pehla job. Shitttt, meri toh saas phool rahi hai soch ke bhi.” She gushed.

Sidharth just observed her contently looking at the twinkle in her eyes.

She was such an adorable little munckin, he thought.

“Mujhe koi kahega, ‘Shehnaaz aapne woh file bheji mujhe?’ ‘Shehnaaz come for the meeting in the conference room’ ‘Shehnaaz client ke sath follow up kar lo ek baar’ she spoke a few common dialogues that are an every day thing in a regular office and giggled.

“Kitna mazaa aayega yaar” she said but noticed he was silent.

“Tu kuch bol kyu nahi raha?” she asked turning to him.

Sidharth pulled her closer and placed a tender kiss on her forehead

“Main kya bolu, your happiness makes me happy darling” he smiled

“But m going to miss having you around love” his voice flickered.

“m gonna miss u soooo much” he hugged her.

“fitte muh tere, tu yeh soch raha tha? Soch agar tu koi normal job kar raha hota toh? Mujhse yeh expected hota na, ki main pura din apne aap ko busy rakhu aur shaam tak teri wait karti rahu?”

she asked but didn’t wait for an answer

“Toh abhi aap bhi wohi karenge, mere buggu” she spoke hiding her face in his neck and drifting away to sleep peacefully, with dreams in her eyes.

She was absolutely right, he thought but his heart just wont understand.   

_____________________________________________

Hey guys,

Please vote for my story by touching the star. Your comments and ur interaction with my story is its highlight. So do not hesitate to drop a few words.

Lots of love and luck to all

Sidnaazkidiwani