Part 4

Once we made it inside my room I let my bag slide off my shoulder and onto the floor. He walked me toward my bed but I stopped him"My clothes are still wet. I need dry ones. I'm not laying down and making my bed wet." He groaned and released my arm " Don't you remember what happened the other night? You slept with wet clothes that time and didn't have an issue." I didn't say anything as he had a point. He walked towards my dresser and pointed towards it. I nodded my head and he pulled out the first pair of clothes he saw. He threw them at me, I stumbled to catch them, my feet catching on one another. I balanced myself out after catching my clothes and turned to glare at him. He shrugged and start to leave. But I wanted him to stay. I wanted him to stay even though everything that's happened to me tells me to make him go home. I watched as he left my room. I sighed and tossed my clothes on my bed and grabbed the collar to my shirt and unstuck it from my chest. "What is that on your collarbone?" I jumped and turned around to see Derek still standing in the door way. I quickly let go of my shirt and looked down fear freezing me. I could hear his steps as he walked towards him. I saw his shoes as he came to a stop infront of me. His hand reached up and moved the collar of my shirt down slowly. His fingers meet my scar and he ran them across it slowly. I flinched and turned away slightly my hands covering my shirt over the spot of my scar. He dropped his hand "What happened in your life that makes you so afraid of people? I see the way you look at strangers. I see the way you treat your friends." I looked up at him tears building up in my eyes. "Why do you care, you've only just meet me." He sighed and turned away. But he didn't walk out of my room he just stood there . I let my hands fall from my chest. I thought back to everything that happened to me. All the bruises on my body, the scar on my collarbone. I started to cry and I dropped down to the floor covering my face. "You should have just let that car hit me," I whispered between tears. All that could be heard for the next few minutes was me crying. Derek grabbed my hands and removed them from my face. He grabbed a blanket from my bed and covered my body with it. "I didn't let that car hit you, because I didn't want it to." He rubbed tears off my check. I looked at him confused. Why did he say that? My crying had stopped but his hand still lay on my check. His touch was warm and comforting. I don't know why. I don't why I let him drive me home or why I seemed to trust him all of the sudden. I didn't noticed he had moved closer to me. His reached out to the dry clothes still laying on my bed. He placed them in my lap "Your clothes are still wet." He grabbed my hands lightly and stood me up. I could feel his eyes on me. I didn't like it. I shift uncomfortable under his stare. I became frozen again when he grabbed the collar to my shirt and pulled it down. His fingers on my scar once again. Why is he so focused on my scar. It's ugly and I want so badly right now to cover it up. I could feel a cold breeze on side and realized my shirt had been unstuck from my body somehow. Derek's attention had shifted as he noticed my bare side as well. He grabbed the my shirt and lifted it up more. I wanted to ripped his hands off and push him away but I was scared. Scared that, that might cause him to get angry with me. "Are these why you're body hurts so much?" I felt his fingers lightly going over a bruise. My heart began to race feeling the pain that still radiated from it. I stayed quiet, slightly squirming under his touch. "Please stop." I whispered under my breath. He didn't remove his hands but rather started to lift my shirt more. I grabbed his hands and pushed him away from me. "I said stop!" I covered my face and tighten the blanket around me. "Why can't you just leave me alone. Why do you need to know everything about me. I don't want you to know anything about me. I just want you to leave me alone!" I cried softly.
"That last part is a lie." He spoke up after minutes of silence. I looked up at him wiping tears away from my face "What?"
"That last part, you were lying." He shrugged his shoulders like it was obvious. Confusion was written all over my face. Was that the only thing he heard out of everything I had said. My body was screaming for sleep or to at least lay down. He must have noticed I was tired and moved towards my bed. He pulled the covers back "I guess you are really tired. I'll leave you alone and let you sleep." I got into bed and let him cover me "Guess you forgot that your clothes are still wet. You must really be tired. I'll leave you than." He his hands resting on the top of the covers. I didn't fully process what he said before I turned to my side, closing my eyes. I felt him started to walk away. I reached out for his hand "Stay with me please. He'll hurt me if you leave..." I trailed off, starting to fall asleep.
-
I could feel the warm sun heating up the cold blankets. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I jumped up pushing the covers off of me. Remembering everything that happened yesterday. I covered my face, I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks. I felt something moved beside me. I uncovered my face and saw Derek beside me asleep. Why is he in my bed asleep. I don't remember asking him to stay. I thought back hard and just barely remembered saying something to him about staying. I looked back at him, he was laying on his stomach and he must have taken his shirt off at some point. He had a tattoo in the middle of his back. A spiral of some sorts. A big special in the middle with three other spirals branching off of it. Whatever it was, it was fascinating. I moved my hand towards his bare back and traced the tattoo slightly. He body was warm. He moved slightly under my touch and I froze. Once he stopped moving I began to trace his tattoo again. I jumped as his hand grabbed mine and he turned around to face me. I froze not knowing what to do. "Why are you hands always so freezing cold?" He asked rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. I didn't say anything and just stared at him. He dropped my hand and sat up. I cleared my throat "I need to get ready for school." I stood on my bed and jumped over him. I almost didn't land it but I don't think he was paying attention. I quickly grabbed clothes from my dresser and rushed to the bathroom.
I brushed my teeth and did my hair before changing.