23.

Emric.

"Make sure you come back to me safe." He demands and I kiss him in response. "Yes Sir, I will." I respond and he smacks my bicep.

"Take care of yourself and him." Linden instructs as Train fiddled with the papers in front of him. "I promise." They hugged until Linden let go and stood by my parents. "They will be okay Linden, just have faith." Linden barely smiled as my mother and father held him close to them.

We had planned to attack in the night, three groups of wolves would attack the cabin simultaneously on different angles, we would only shift if necessary and only if there was another wolf closeby to closely guard.

My mate had agreed to stay with the pack, though it took a lot of convincing and sex to reach that decision we got there eventually. "Move out!" I ordered the wolves and we began going east where my future mother in law was.

It stung leaving Linden worried like that but I didn't have a choice, I couldn't afford to lose him, have him hurt, or worse, it was best to have him limping and sad but safe and waiting for me.

We ran deeper into the woods, passing pack territory until we were close enough to the abandoned house. "Shift back and divide." I demand and they do so with haste.

Train shifted but kept standing next to me. I knew he was anxious about what we would find there. "When everything begins and fights break out, I want you to sneak in and get Linden's mom." He looks at me questioning my instructions.

"Just do it." I add with more force and authority. "Yes Alpha." He replied instantly. We began to move into positions like the other two groups. We would all descend at the same time.

"Alpha we're in position." One of the wolves leading announced. "So are we?" The other one also responded. "On my signal." I added. The low growls and snarls were carried by the wind, the pack wolves hated rogues who kidnapped and killed.

"Now!" A wolf howled and in all three directions came wolves toward the house. Nine rogues came running out of the house but they were surrounded, they all shifted and so did some of the pack wolves. It wasn't a fair fight we had more numbers.

"Train go." I demand but he was tackled to the ground by a wolf. I left him to his opponent and turned to mine, a wolf almost as large as Train who seemed to want to fight.

I lowered my head growling letting my opponent know I wouldn't back down from the fight. We kept circling each other growling lowly. The wolf lunged toward me and I moved out of the way so that his claws missed me.

We began circling each other again, looking for an opening, when I lunged at the wolf he moved away to make me hit a tree, I moved faster and clawed the left side of his face. He rolled on the ground and stood up to lunge at me again.

We rolled on the ground clawing and biting looking to damage the other more and more, my jaws clamped down on my opponents left front paw and crushed it, the wolf yelped in pain but I didn't stop.

I kept thrashing around dislocating the paw and crushing it. The wolf used its hind legs to throw me off, it worked to remove me but not move me away. We began circling again as my opponent limped but kept attacking. He was strong I admired that but this was a losing battle.

I lunged forward bringing my right paw to claw at the wolf's face again, he howled in pain but there was no time to recover, I tackled my opponent to the ground easily because I was bigger, we rolled on the mud till my wolf took over because he was bored and bit down on our opponents throat.

The wolf between our jaws was dead due to the continuous thrashing that had occurred and the crushed windpipe. I looked over to see Train killing his own opponent. My wolf howled in victory and gave back control after.

I took off for the one story house to find Linden's mom, bursting into the house in wolf form it was easier to track down the two scents coming from the basement. The wooden floor creaked as I stepped on them, my heavy paws putting them under considerable pressure.

When I finally got down to the basement I found the rogue from Linden's house in wolf form and Linden's mother behind him, legs and hands tied behind her back.

The rogue growled at me warning me to stay away, I growled loudly making him know who I was, he whined showing his neck in submission. Train walked downstairs with a pair of shorts for me. I turned around and shifted using him as a blind.

I pulled up the shorts and tied them, Mrs. Ordell gasped recognizing who I was. "Hey Mrs. Ordell." Train attempts but she sighs with no response. "Does he know?" She asked not looking at me in the eye. "Yes he's my mate, and made sure I knew your boyfriend was a rogue." My answer surprised her.

She remained silent and I knew she was having a hard time processing everything that was going on, it was hard coming to terms with what I had told her, it wasn't an easy thing to accept. "I found her, she's okay." I told Linden through the link.

"Oh thank goodness you're alright but you're in trouble for making me feel like my stomach had razor blades cutting it." I looked down at my torso to see dried blood. "Shit sorry, I love you baby." I replied hoping he wasn't mad when I got home.

"I will deal with you later, now come home." He ordered and I knew I was in trouble. "Yes sir." I respond.

"We need to wrap this up so would you please shift back." I demanded and the rogue did as told. "Please don't kill him Emric, he tried to help but they got to him first." I sighed knowing this decision wasn't mine to make. Linden would choose what to do with his mom's boyfriend.

"You're mated aren't you." Train spoke up and Mrs. Ordell froze, Train was right as I noticed the mark on her neck and shoulder clearly it was a mate mark. "Yes." She mumbled, I couldn't handle any more surprises from the woman who had very much abandoned her son so she could get down and dirty with her mate.

"Linden will decide, he's the luna and this is one of his responsibilities, I won't interfere with the matter now let's go." I exclaimed. "Yes alpha." The rogue responded. "And Train get him some clothes." I add and Train walked faster ahead of us.

When we walked out of the house the rogue who was left had a pair of shorts on. "We are running back to the packhouse, you may carry your mate rogue." I didn't wait for a response and shifted into my wolf.

"Don't ever look him in the eye when he's in wolf form, most die because of that." Train mumbled before shifting into his wolf. We took off in a sprint headed for the packhouse.

All the wolves I had come with were accounted for and none were injured, it was always important to make sure even though we were in dangerous situations we ourselves were safe.

The rogue and Mrs. Ordell were surrounded by pack members as we moved past trees and rocks, I felt the shift from unclaimed land to pack territory, wolves howled in the distance as we moved past the border.

"I'm going to find my mate Em." Train announced in my head. "Go get him and please don't scare the shit out of him, good luck." I respond and he took off in a different direction, he could only ignore the pull for so long. So I let him go find his happiness.

Linden was waiting by the packhouse with my parents, I had told him of what happened and I'm sure he eavesdropped the rest since the link between us was never closed.

When I stood in front of him my wolf took over and licked him multiple times. He giggled like before and I knew forgiveness was earned. "I forgive you munchie okay, okay, but that's because I love you and you're  cute." We licked him again until my wolf gave over control and I shifted back.

Linden helps me wear my shorts, he hugs me tightly after.

"Linden." Mrs. Ordell mumbled. "Mom." Linden almost growled and I knew nothing good was about to happen.

+++

LMJ