8.

Linden.

I had the best weekend ever, the unofficial date with Emric was spectacular, we went shopping, then to an arcade, then dinner at a really cool restaurant.

I think I'm falling for him very fast and very badly but I couldn't care less, after convincing him that it was okay for not to pick me up for school because he had an errand to run, Em finally conceded that I walk myself there.

I've lost a lot of excess body fat that some of my clothes are dropping, that's why I had to go shopping this previous weekend.

I've started on a health diet, which has been good for me but even though Emric is on it as well, he won't stop eating three servings of any dish I make.

My body no longer feels as sore as it did before when I started doing the torturous training and exercise Emric puts me through, all I want is to make him proud that I'm taking back my life, moving on healthier, in every aspect of my life.

So I walk with a little skip in my step knowing my day won't be bad. St Maine Academy was relatively buzzing with students and faculty.

I ignore the little stares I got from the jocks, pushed my glasses up, and kept walking with my head held a little higher than normal.

The hoodie I wore was Emrics since he was sulking about not being able to go with me to school, like usual the not so new kids were always not far from me, some of them would actually look at me in envy when I was with Emric. It's weird but I got used to it.

Although I knew today was a good day, Monday always is for me, walking to my locker knowing Matt was standing there, made me mad.

Like he was the plague, I avoided him and ignored him. "Can we talk?" I was definitely not doing that after what he did.

"No we can't." He bangs the locker next to mine. "You're making a scene, again, and I don't think the students appreciate that." I had noticed that most of the kids in hallway had stopped and glared at him for his outburst.

"I just want to talk okay, we broke up on bad terms I just want to talk, go out with me." This was a situation I never thought I would be in and instead of taking him seriously.

I burst out laughing.

After calming down and wiping tears away from my eyes. "Oh Matt good one, anyway I have to get to class." I locked my locker and before he could say anything his girlfriend my ex-friend showed up.

So I walked away ignoring whatever they were talking about, I knew Matt was a prick and everything he did was for selfish gain.

Him wanting to talk, wanting to go out was hilarious, here I was completely over him and he is still trying to walk into my life and ruin things.

Not this time though, he knows no better but I do and I moved on.

Class hadn't started yet, so I made my way to my seat and put my books next to me on the table beside me, knowing Emric he would cause a scene if that seat wasn't open.

"Could you move your books?" It was one of the football team players. I contemplated doing since some of the students looked at him like he was stupid.

Before he could sit down, the man walked in, it was as if he was some sort of dominant male with the way the others moved aside for him.

"Buddy move from my seat." He spoke to the guy next to me. "Just find another seat man." Shouldn't have done or said that.

He was yanked off the seat easily and placed on the one, a row back. "Wherever he sits the next available seat next to him is mine, got it." I didn't have a social life to worry about with his proclamation.

And anyway everyone knew he sat beside me, I guess the jock didn't pay attention all that much. "You're extra aggressive today." I chortle and he just snorts.

"Don't you dare tickle me." He starts tickling me. "I love your morning giggles." He whispers in my ear and I get goosebumps.

"Mr. Ordell and Mr. Everlin, good morning, the rest of you shits stop starring with envy, get your own love, it's not their fault Shakespeare is inspiring." I loved my English literature teacher at that moment.

She winks at us and began the lesson. The rest of the class went perfectly well despite Emric accidentally kissing my cheeks and dropping his pen on my lap.

Real accidents indeed.

Lunch came around and I was walking with Train to the cafeteria when we bumped into Charlotte, Amie but no Andie.

"What do you want?" I asked stepping aside for other people. "What's so special about you, that every guy in this damn school is pining over you, Matt sleeping with me and imagining your shit ass name, just tell him to back off, Matt is mine you already have a boyfriend." Train was hanging onto the locker laughing his ass off.

I didn't know their relationship was that bad and I really didn't care. "Already told him so bye, we have lunch to get to." I held Train upright and began to walk, I don't know how, but Train pulled me to him and the bottle that was supposed to hit me.

Got spilled on another girl in front of us. "What the hell!" She screeched stomping over to Charlotte and Amie before they could react she had both their heads crashing into each other.

Amie was slapped again and again until she ran away crying and Charlotte had a nose bleed from the punch she got.

"That was badass, thank you for saving me." Train nods and we continue walking to the cafeteria, everyone we passed looked at us.

"I'm not ever going to get used to the starring am I?" Train chuckled holding both our lunch trays. "Hey cutie." It was thirty minutes into lunch when he kissed my cheek and sat down next to me.

"Finish the errand already?" He nods and began eating my food. "I'm glad I got you extra." Train piped up beside me.

I open my bag and handover the Tupperware to Emric. "Your cookies." He's wanted them for a while and I got to bake them this weekend.

"Yes! Thanks." The kiss lasts longer and a few gasps all around but I didn't care. "You know, we haven't returned the other Tupperware which came with the treats you baked." I had actually forgot about it.

"Bring it whenever." I say and began eating whilst Train and his brother fought over cookies. After lunch, we headed for gym class.

I sat back on the bleachers, because I couldn't strain my body more, I had already gone through torture enough for one day, so I just watched.

Another guy from Matt's group of friends came to sit by me, he was one of the guys constantly bullying me about my body and my relationship with Matt.

"What do you want?" I demanded the annoyance dripping from my voice. "Um, I just wanted to say I'm sorry about what I did to you, and I know it's a crappy apology but I'm sorry I made you feel bad, you were so free with yourself, didn't care what people said, still don't and I envied that.

My dad was homophobic when I came out, but after my mom took him for therapy everything changed and I realized that I was wrong, so I'm sorry." His apology didn't justify what he did though.

He wasn't the only one who did the bullying, the whole group had contributed, that's why I felt his apology was worthless.

"Thanks for the apology I appreciate it, but that's a load of bull right there, you and your team made me feel so worthless and hurt me more times than I can count, just because you were gay and didn't get to be you, doesn't justify why you bullied me, so please if you want to do something for me, leave me alone." I could see the hurt in his eyes when I said that but it was the truth.

"Please leave you're making my cutie uncomfortable." My shirtless knight.

+++

LMJ