Awake

I woke up to the buzzing of my phone. I groaned and turned over to look.

Wow

Wow. Really Jazzy? I laughed out loud. Which got me thinking, did I get the part? When am I gonna know? Then suddenly, I got a call.

"Hello? This is Amber Mars." I said.

"Hey Amber! This is Lin Manuel Miranda. You remember that you auditioned for Peggy Schuyler right?" He replied. Wow, did I remember? I don't know. It's not like it happened two days ago and that's how I meet Jazz in the first place. 

"Yup."

"Ok good. I have some news," he said. My heart thumped. "You got Peggy and Maria's main understudy!"

My heart stopped, I didn't do it. I didn't get the part. I missed my chance.

"Oh, ok. Thanks. Um, who got the part?" I ask.

"Jasmine, you know her. Ok I gotta go bye!" I hung up. I curled up in a ball and cried. Then, my phone vibrated. Jazz was calling, I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked in a raspy voice.

"Amber? Guess what?" She said. I knew what she was going to say.

"What?" I replied trying to sound happy.

"I got the part! Can you believe it?! I can't believe it! My first play and I got it!! I'm so excited!" She squealed.

"That's so amazing!" 

"I know! Did you get a part?"

"Um, I'm your understudy."

"That's so cool! Sorry you didn't get it. Anyway, you wanna come over for coffee? We have rehearsals tonight so maybe we could spend the day together."

"Um...I'll be there in a sec."

"Ok bye! See ya!"

"Bye," I said hanging up. To make matters worse, Jasmine posted it everywhere. I wiped my eyes  and changed into casual clothes. A bit later, I left.

Jasmine opened the door and invited me in. She gave me coffee and began to talk excitedly.

"Omigoshomigosh! I still can't believe it! I'm so excited! And I'll get to meet new actors! I do like that Anthony, do ya think he likes me? Anyway, we have rehearsals tonight. It's gonna be so fun! You're excited right?" She said.

"Oh, yeah, I'm very excited." I replied. I wasn't excited at all. After spending the day with Jasmine, I didn't think about the rehearsal. But, it did come eventually.

"Say here when I call your name." Lin said from the stage once we were settled in the theater. "Daveed Diggs,"

"Here." A voice said from the audience.