4 🌙 Yes or no?

Start from the beginning

He noticed my flustered reaction, and to add to that, he nodded with a mischievous smirk draped on his lips and his eyes filled with a hint of desire. He admitted to checking me out as it wasn't clear already and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Luna, draw the line, and think about Zander. I wasn't planning to listen to my sober subconscious and quickly push my thoughts away with a smirk. "So, yes, or no." I say while pulling my bottom lip between my teeth, my words causing a little commotion of his face. "I'll ask you anything and you just nod or shake your head." I giggled, while getting up on my elbows, the room still slightly spinning, the reason dual.

"Mmmh." He hummed hesitantly, but all I wanted to do was break down that mysterious wall around him stone by stone.

"No, no! No mmmhhh." I mocked him, as I scrunched my nose at him, and it made him look away with amusement written all over his face. "So... First question." I said, determined to continue this game. He knew by now that there was no way out of this, so he sat back, lying next to me on his side while keeping himself up on one elbow, my eyes wandering over him entirely. "Let me think." As if I could think while I took in the sight of his muscles, perfectly flexed under his T-shirt and his messy hair poking out from under that cap on his head. I always had a weak spot for caps twisted backwards on guys... I don't know why... but here I was fully enjoying the view. "Is this your room?" I figured, but now was my chance to ask.

He looked around like he was surprised by our surroundings and it made me chuckle when he nodded, his smile so damn charming, if not more.

"Ice Hockey scholarship?" I said, looking at a picture of him in what seemed his old school gear. That's one fine picture Martin.

He nodded once again, not even looking at my line of sight, but firmly keeping his gaze on me, his eyes soft when they meet mine.

I chuckled a little at the way he was observing my every move, and it wasn't even making me a little uncomfortable. The next question was burning at the tip of my tongue but it was a little to straightforward. Fuck it, I am straightforward. Do not Luna... "Any girl in your life you add friend to... you know girlfriend?" I laughed at my own choice of words, my question however catching him off guard, as it made him widen his eyes at my boldness.

He wetted his lips and chuckled at me, doing that thing where he put his tongue between his teeth and into the corner of his mouth. Why the hell is that so cute? He shook his head. Crap. Defeated, I looked down as his status just made me happier than it should have.

My mind was blank for a moment until my drunk mouth decided to blurt out another stupid question. "Are you more of a hook-up kind of guy then?" I widened my own eyes, surprised at my very own question and I quickly pressed my lips together, staring at the sheets below us, my face utter drunken shock. He scraped his throat to grasp my attention, and when I looked up he seemed more than amused. He shook his head, giving me another smoldering glare and it instantly made me look away, because it was either the alcohol or him, but something was making me really hot and flustered. Luna, chill... You can't think straight. I let my eyes trail over his arms. I was surprised when I saw a thin line of ink just on the inside of his upper arm, and I knew it was part of a larger tattoo. Without fully realizing it, I turned to my side and leaned on one elbow to reach out to him, my hand quickly finding his muscled upper arm to free the tattoo from its hidden place. I softly move his arms a little, and he lets me, his skin just as hot as my cheeks and the rest of me. It was a bird, a sparrow I think, I'm not a fucking birdwatcher, so I was just guessing here. It was drawn in a continues and thin line and it was the most unique thing I had ever seen. "Does it have a meaning?" I whispered to him, my thumb softly caressing the inside of his arm. My touch surely made him take a deep breath, as he clearly enjoyed it and to be honest I did too. I can't believe I'm doing this... My fingertips were drawn to his skin the moment I bumped into him but now I was softly grazing his skin for real I felt sparks of electricity shooting through my everything. I can't do this.

He nodded, with hooded eyes and parted lips as he softly folded his hand around mine to slide it away from his arm. He held on to it, and twisted it sideways a little, just enough to expose the tattoo on the side of my hand. I had nagging feeling in my gut when I intertwined my fingers with his, feeling guilty that it felt so nice, but for that same fact I also didn't want to stop myself. His eyes instantly fell on the ink, the outlines of a moon, and they glimmered with curiosity, while his fingers didn't resist to further intertwine with mine.

"A drunk night during spring break with my friends. We all have one that stands for something that typifies us... I have a moon because you know, Luna? It means moon in Latin, that and it was the only thing I could think of at the moment." I smirked at him, the insane memories of that night flooding my thoughts. "Sophia got a little bird because she'll always be free and single, so she thinks, and Grace got nothing other than an avocado, yeah she's crazy."

My explanation and smile made him laugh while my fingers enjoyed the softness and delicate touch of his. He wasn't planning on breaking eye contact, not even when he laid my hand on the sheets between us and his fingers slipped away from mine, only to spread out my hand and caress the inside of my palm. My hand was trapped between the sheets and his fingertips, his touch so soft and sweet, it almost being enough to make me loose lose my sanity. My heart was hammering in my head and the way his eyes held mine captive drove me insane, his fingertips continuing to move against my palm.

"One last question?" I looked down at our hands as a failed attempt to get a grip, and withstand the temptation, it being such a fail since the sight of it looked so pleasing. "Do you want to talk about why you don't talk?" I whispered quietly before looking up at him again, his gaze no longer searching for mine. Instead, he looked down at our hands, stopping his fingers from caressing the inside of my palm. No, don't stop... He sighed, and I was starting to think I made a mistake by asking, an ever bigger one than getting drunk and eavesdropping on my boyfriend. Zander... I suddenly reminded myself of him. I can't do this... I shook my head as I pulled my hand away, but he held on to it, pulling it back before intertwining his fingers with mine once more and I didn't resist, not even for a slight second. He kept looking down to gather his thoughts and when he parted his lips to say something, it gave me hope to hear his voice again.

"Luna, I-" All hope evaporated into the tense air, when he was interrupted by the door swinging open, startling us both and enough to instantly put more space between us. He let go of my hand while I sat up to face whoever kept me going into a different direction than my moral compass. Fuck my life! Really the last person I want to see when I'm drunk! Shit is about to go down.  

----------- 🌙 -----------

💛 Hi Loves! Thoughts so far? 

🤔 So? Do Luna and Jules have chemistry or what? 

👀 Any theories for next chapter? Who opened that damn door? 

⭐️ Don't forget to hit the star if you liked it!

Do you want to be updated on updates? You can follow Janenola_ on instagram where I'll bring the story to life and post stories whenever I have something new!