Chapter 193: Be With You (EP. 02)

Perhaps every possible townsfolk have noticed the way their beloved king gawk at his obviously busy wife.

The fire king felt incredibly ridiculous as he just stood there from a close distance behind her, watching how the ice queen examined the fresh greens better than Lady Guinette and Gerda can like a professional spectator.

His cheeks reddened and burned slightly as he felt his wife's wide hip accidentally hit his waist. To be frank, all his guilty eyes can see besides the basket hanging from her folded arm are the faint outlines of her curvy, attractive silhouette.

It still befuddles him how she carried their two children for nine months straight and remain like she wasn't even with child at all after labor, but he knew the reasons quite well, something relating to her sessions with him on the training grounds.

He could feel their wandering, enstranged eyes creeping up to his neck.  Because it's not a normal sight to see the King of Arendelle outside in the cold, extremely bundled up in three layers of clothing (courtesy of a very protective Elsa) and broad arms clutching bulky, stuffed paper bags, filled to the brim with either their favorite pork strips or green vegetables representing the bustling hours that have passed since they've stepped foot in the marketplace.

"Thank you very much, madame," Aiden heard her say sweetly, "Have a good day."

Aiden averted his gaze from her as quickly as he can as soon as his wife turned around. The only hilarious evidence left for Elsa to find were his still inflamed cheeks, and she hid a knowing smirk upon looking at his flustered condition.

"What's the matter, baby?"

The sound of his affectionate nickname being used in public sent chills to run down the fire wielder's spine, in a good way. "N-nothing."

Elsa allowed herself to shrug and link her free arm with his, signalling him they should return to the manor. After walking past designated stalls and other stores, the two made sure to be quick to walk home.

Tiredly putting down the bags of groceries on the kitchen counter, Aiden slumped against it and stared at the unaffected woman proceeding to wash their purchased goods.

Being a thoughtful husband, Aiden slipped on an apron and laid a large hand on her smooth, bare shoulder. Elsa tensed a bit as his warm skin met her cool one, surprised at his sudden action but she relaxed knowing it was him and nobody else.

"Let me do the cooking, love," He pleaded softly, "I can more than manage and you should rest."

"You sure you won't burn down the kitchen?" She joked.

"Positive," She giggled as he scooped her up effortlessly and sat her on the counter, "Why do you doubt your husband so, hmm?" Then her laughter started when his hands wandered down to tickle her sides.

Placing a tender kiss on her lips, Aiden returned her on her feet and ushered her to the living room gently, "Lie down for a while. I'll be done before you know it."

She nodded, knowing that there's no point in arguing that they are both equally exhausted. She sat down gracefully on the sofa and crossed her legs, not really having an idea on what she should do as she waits.

No longer than six minutes, the mouth watering aroma of cooking meat teased Elsa's nostrils. It tempted her to stand; which she did, not caring that she was told to rest. She made a bee line to the scent filled kitchen where she found him working silently, in the midst of chopping a certain ingredient to fine pieces.

The laces of Aiden's apron seemed like it was struggling to remain tied like a sash about his waist, with his ripped muscular physique and all, at this sight Elsa nearly giggled at this.