My heart sinks at the thought of him having been in misery. What kind of problem that has torn them apart? What kind of girl who had the heart to hurt him?

I know that I wouldn't be able to get the answer now, even if I wanted to.

Austin walks off to follow Vaughn, and that leaves me standing here with so many unanswered questions in my head.

The clock has just indicated 10 o'clock at night. The melody of Chopin's Nocturne fills the living room as I play the piano. It's always nice to pour all of these melodramatic emotions through music. After playing the last note of the classical piece, I close my eyes and sigh.

Where is Camila? Why is she missing now? Why did she leave Vaughn? I want to know all of the answers.

Playing the nocturne has just set the mood kind of dark. Maybe I should play something that sounds more of a major key, not something minor like pieces of Chopin and Beethoven. Mozart is a little too happy-go-lucky for my mood now. Debussy sounds perfect, since his pieces are always calming and heavenly.

I fiddle the music sheets inside the cabinet near the piano but can't find my favourite Debussy's compositions. If I'm not mistaken, they are stored in one of the room upstairs where Jake also keeps his favourite phonograph records.

I walk up the stairs and enter the said room. My eyes scan the bookshelves, and my heart leaps as I find one that contains my old music sheets. My Debussy book is there, along with my favourite Disney music sheets.

While I'm busy picking the books, the lights go off, causing me to feel like I'm suddenly blind because of the darkness enveloping the entire house.

Crap. I've always hated the darkness. It sends chills to my body, as if a sudden cold wind is blowing through me now.

Is there something wrong with the power supply? I turn on the flashlight from my phone and heads to the window. After I open the curtain, a frown touches my lips as I see my neighbour's house doing just fine with lights and electricity a few blocks away.

The sound of something drop to the ground downstairs catches my attention. What just happened? Who is it? I don't think that there's anybody else in the house, because I just allowed my maid to go back home an hour ago.

I feel goosebumps on my skin and that the hair at the back of my neck stand. My heart begins to pump faster as I brace myself to walk outside the room.

But then, I stop midway when I hear someone walking upstairs with long strides. I push my back against the wall, my pulse quickening. Who is it?

Jake? No way. I just called him earlier this evening, and he said that he's going to work overnight, finishing up his project with his colleagues.

Vaughn? He texted me half an hour ago that he's in a club, celebrating his football teammate's birthday.

But even if it's someone I know, they must have called me when they had realized that the house was pitch black.

I abruptly turn my phone flashlight off. The person stops after reaching the second floor. His footsteps lead to the side opposite this room. Trying to calm my heartbeat, I peek behind the door so that I can find out who and what this is all about. There's still a little light from the street that fills the room, since I opened the curtain a while ago.

My heart freezes as I find a guy wearing a hoodie and a balaclava mask that covers his entire face standing in front of the cabinet. He scans the family photos and takes one frame in his hand. I almost choke in fear when he presses his lips against the picture. Someone's picture. He kisses it like it's something precious.

I don't need to know whose picture it is because the truth hits me to the core. It is mine.

He's the same guy who tried to rape me inside the alley. That psychopath apparently is crazy enough to break into my house.

I cover my mouth with my hand, trying not to scream. Tears begin to blur my vision.

He's going to get me.