Chapter 8

"I'm so sorry."

It's quiet but Jimin could make it out.

Seokjin turns around with no other way out, facing the other man, who still stood from behind the door. He clears his throat and repeats, "I'm so sorry, Jimin. Did I wake you?" It's a useless question since he already kind of knew.

Jimin stares for a second, wary of his words and sudden presence. "No. I wasn't sleeping in the first place so you're good."

Seokjin tilts his head in an attempt to examine him. When caught, he stood straight again, trying to remain as professional as he can despite his heart thumping.

"How are you feeling?"

"They said that I'm healthy," Jimin says with a slight shrug. "You?"

Seokjin's eyes wander as he fidgets, trying to choose an answer. "I... uh..." he stammers. He decides to just be honest while he can. "Truthfully, I'm not so well."

Darkness loomed over Jimin as he looks at the ground. Seokjin bites his inner cheek, still standing stiffly.

"I'm really sorry, Seokjin," Jimin says, head still facing down. "I-"

Voices are heard down the hall. Seokjin glances toward the direction of the sound but no one seems to be coming near them.

"Can I come in?" he asks, to Jimin's surprise. "If you're okay with it, I'd like some privacy."

Jimin is still worried. "Are you sure? We can talk somewhere else, where you'd feel more comfortable."

Seokjin shakes his head though, even if Jimin's suggestion was preferred. He can't wait any longer or he might really chicken out.

"Your room is fine."

With that being said, the omega enters, hearing the click of the door being closed behind him, lock left untouched though. The room is small, fairly neat with a few things cluttering the floor.

Jimin pulls out the only chair for Seokjin to sit in. Then he sits on his own bed, the blankets wrinkled and cushions pushed to the side.

The two face each other again, and Jimin is first to continue where they left off.

"Like I said, I am extremely sorry."

"Me too," Seokjin admits.

He's taken aback when Jimin shakes his head a little too harshly. "No! It's totally my fault."

"Hey, don't say that-"

"Just hear me out," Jimin sighed. "Please."

Seokjin remained silent, a sign for Jimin to speak.

"I don't even know why you're apologizing. You did nothing wrong," Jimin shuts his eyes, fists clenching the sheets beside him. "I should have never touched you. Especially in the state the heat left you in, especially when... when you're still technically considered mated."

The mark tingled, Seokjin rubbing the side of his neck. It still hasn't fully disappeared yet.

A cry erupts from Jimin as he tries to stop himself with his hand. "You had every right to avoid me, to be disgusted."

He's full on sobbing at this point. Seokjin stands up but Jimin raises a hand, "You don't have to say or do anything. It's okay. I'm already planning on leaving."

What?!

"What?!"

Seokjin had kept his distance at first but with that sudden announcement, he steps forward and crouched awkwardly until he can look at Jimin's face, at eye level. "Jimin, what are you saying? Do you hear yourself right now? Where are you even going to stay?"