Chapter 4

That same night, Seokjin took Jimin to his mansion. He told Jimin that he won't be needing anything he owns in the car, but Jimin took very few and the most precious items to him, which isn't very much anyway. The car itself was hard to leave behind, because it had been the first and only car Jimin had ever owned. It looked sad with old age, the broken windshield, and dull color.

They arrived and the fancy car that they're in comes to a stop in front of the mansion. It intimidated Jimin a bit, knowing that he'd be inside a luxurious home for the first time in his life. He hopes that he won't break anything inside because an antique vase could cost more than his simple life.

As soon as Seokjin foot got out of the car, he is greeted by maids and butlers. They didn't question Jimin's presence despite some of them having curiosity about him.

They got to the front door, which is grand, and Jimin was about to take his shoes off. It was part of his routine whenever he entered his and other homes. But he caught himself after seeing Seokjin enter without hesitation, smudging the sparkly clean floor slightly. Jimin follows him, as a worker already busied himself with wiping the floor Seokjin stained.

It scared him, honestly. The ceilings were high, the floor is so clean that Jimin could slip if he looks at it for too long, and every room is lit by the natural lighting from the windows. However, he did like that there is a sense of modernity and friendly yet mature atmosphere.

Seokjin stops in front of the stairs, and turns to Jimin. "I'll get you set up so while you wait, I'll have someone show you around." The handsome omega calls out a name to his left, like he knows that the person is there.

"Hoseok!"

It's quiet afterwards and Jimin wondered if the guy missed his cue or something.

"Hoseo-"

"I'm coming!" A loud voice echoed down the hallway and Jimin is curious to see the man.
A chirpy man waddled into view, his arms swinging by his sides happily. He is dressed in the same style just like the other workers.

"I'm sorry for not coming on time. What can I help you with, Seokjin?" He says like it's scripted into his head. It's probably very common for them to say this, but Hoseok said it genuinely.

"Show my new driver the mansion," Seokjin instructs quickly before heading up to the upper floor. Jimin is surprised he didn't elaborate much or give more context. There's no introducing but it's probably just the way things work here.

"Yes, sir!" Hoseok bows before turning to Jimin with a polite smile. He takes his bag and finds someone else to take care of it. Then, he focuses back to Jimin. "Follow me."

Jimin does so, looking around the mansion as he goes. Hoseok starts the little tour, speaking clear enough for Jimin to hear but low enough to not disturb others. They must be half way done when Hoseok stops and turns to him.

"Oh! There's also a rule for us workers. Finish your job first then you can do whatever until you're needed again. I'd say that it doesn't apply to me right now so let's take a break," he says before leading him to an exit outside. They sat down on the wooden stairs and Hoseok finally gets to introduce himself properly.

"I'm Hoseok. What's your name?"

"Jimin."

Hoseok nods, "Are you a beta?"

"No, I'm actually an omega," Jimin says quietly. He tried not to sound disappointed but he probably failed.

"Wow, really?" Hoseok said. Again, he seems genuine. "The Kims said it'd be less inconvenient if there's no omegas and alphas, so most of us workers are betas, like me."