Chapter 9

It's noon, the sun fully high in the sky and although it's winter, the rays of light brings some warmth to the omega currently cleaning the windows in a long corridor.

He would have preferred the job he was mainly employed for but he can't complain. He couldn't anyway since Seokjin has been gone for three days already. When the other workers are always on their feet without ever whining or let out so much of a groan, Jimin is inspired to do the same.

That doesn't mean it can't get boring sometimes though.

He can't help but daydream as he wipes the glass, too easily distracted by the calming scene laid in front of him. His hand sloppily follows a flying bird outside and when the little animal goes beyond the window frame, his attention diverts back to the still image of snow covered trees and bushes outside.

It's so peaceful, Jimin unconsciously sighed, only noticing when his breath fogged up the glass. Quickly wiping it away, Jimin remembers to move on to the next window.

As he placed his cleaning items next to him, Jimin stares out into the open once more, this time not appreciating the view anymore but instead picturing a happy place in his head:

He's sitting on the edge of a dock, legs hanging of the end of it. It's summer and hot, opposite to the current season. To set the atmosphere, his imagination provides a light breeze and when he pictures a nice, cool lake barely reaching his toes, his mind offers a calming rhythm of small, swishing waves. He likes it that way, quiet, unlike powerful ocean waves that pound into whatever is in their way.

The sun is still the same, high up in the sky, beaming strong but in Jimin's head, his eyes can withhold them.

It's paradise.

A simple paradise but still one he can't afford and probably never will no matter how hard he works for it. His life isn't fit for it. At least he can wish for a chance to be at peace for free in his head.

And he gets to control what he wants there-

A loud whoop of joy snaps the quietness in half, followed by a shadow leaping right over him, turning into a big splash in front of him.

The only other person in Jimin's paradise resurfaces, head emerging out of the water with a laugh of pure happiness.

Jungkook is so happy.

Jimin can tell because of his dreamy voice, a solo among the metrical waves, his outstretched arms that seems to embrace the entire lake, and the glowing of his skin that stole the glory and glimmer away from the omnipotent sun.

Jungkook is free, free to do whatever he desires, explore the joys of the world, even in the one Jimin has created just now.

The Jungkook that he is admiring does not speak to him or look at him yet. He simply allows Jimin to observe as he eventually swims farther away, however, still remaining in sight.

Jimin is content but he can't pretend he doesn't feel a shallow pit of longing inside. It's a feeling his mind can't force out.

Similar to a parent watching over a child, Jimin continues to look at Jungkook splash in fun in the distance but at the same time, feels the urge to call him back before he wanders too far into dangerous territory.

When Jungkook dives underwater again, Jimin was going to call out and tell him not to go too deep but incoming footsteps alerted him.

It's Seokjin that sits next to him, his longer legs allowing the water to wash over the tips of his feet. He pays no attention to the summery view Jimin designed. Instead, he smiled softly at Jimin with matching tranquil eyes.