Chapter 3

Jimin is sitting alone on the couch. His hands covered his face but in one hand is a crumpled paper. He's trying so hard to hold himself together. Ever since he is left to himself, he knew that it's possible, but now that it's happening, he's trying not to panic.

He's received notice that he'd lose his home and he has until the end of the week to pack up. Jimin knew, he knew that without Jungkook, it would be harder to support himself.

Taking a deep breath, he leans back, letting his head sink into the old but soft material of the couch. Deep breaths... He tells himself that the world is not over for him, just to keep him calm. He considered his options, which made him uncomfortable.

To move back in with his family consisting of only his parents didn't sit well with him. The reason why he left with Jungkook was because he was a burden to them. His parents raised him, but because they lived in poverty, Jimin doesn't remember being showered in love and affection. He couldn't blame them; they were always too busy working to keep food on the table.

Another option was to find a higher paying job, but that quickly flew out the window. Jimin knew the struggle to find the low paying job that he has now, so to find a better one... he might as well keep dreaming.

Then there's the option that would make Jimin cry but he will most likely choose.

He could live in his car, the car that Jungkook left to him. It's winter, freezing cold, but it living in the vehicle will only be temporary... he hopes.

Jimin groans in his misery. He whimpers afterwards, letting his submissiveness get to him. It was looked down upon to act like an animal, unless absolutely needed but the omega never felt so depressed. He wanted someone to comfort him, needed someone to hold him close and nurture him. Just for the moment, please... just until he can stand on his own two feet again.

He laid on his side now, hugging himself to fill in the absence of intimacy, usually taken care of by Jungkook, who would release his pheromones to even Jimin's rapid breath and heartbeats.

The omega squeezes himself tighter. He can't keep on thinking about Jungkook. He's gone, he is never going to come back. It's time for him to stop looking back at their memories and broken hearts.

Jimin ends up singing himself to sleep.

~~

Seokjin sighs in annoyance. It's getting late and his driver is late once again. It's not entirely his fault, the omega knows that he works for the other members of his family as well.

His daily routine has been pretty dull and uneventful since what happened, but he thinks the anger phase has passed, or at least settled for the time being, and now it's just numbness as he tries to adjust to the change.

He takes his phone out to scroll through it. It doesn't feed his boredom, so he turns it off, to see his dark reflection on its screen. Inspecting himself, he had just noticed how droopy his eyelids had become. It made his eyes almost half-lidded, like he's tired and needs sleep. That's exactly what he wants to do, if only his driver can actually be on time!

Seokjin isn't used to seeing his handsome face in this state. If he was still his normal self, he would go ballistic, ordering his workers to do something about it or he'll fire them because his looks are his number one charm.

Now he doesn't even have the mental strength to lift his finger. He leans against the building, which is cold as the sky snowed lightly. Although he could go back inside where there is heat, he simply does not want to. In a way, being away from the crowd has been quite relaxing. Well, where he is a fairly busy street, but with almost everyone minding their own business, it's like Seokjin is invisible. Almost everyone.