Welcome to West Wilson High

It was only the second day of my stay, and Harry still had continuously set out to ruin my life. Last night he had cut up all of my clothes leaving large holes in them. Not to mention I woke up with a large sharpie mustache skewed across my face. When I tried to erase it, it wouldn't come off. How was I supposed to go to school looking like an off duty cop? Harry had clearly won this fight, but I wasn't going to let him see that.

I threw on one of my shredded shirts, and went downstairs. Harry, and Jacob were both sitting calmly while eating some fried bacon, and pancakes. Jacob looked up from his meal, and took some interest into the new style I had been wearing. "What happened to your shirt?" He asked.

"I'm trying a new trend you know what teenagers do these days" I lied

"and your face?" He asked.

"Oh, this?" I said. "I just wanted to see how it would look like if I had a mustache." I lied again.

Jacob looked at Harry who was trying hard not to show his laugh, then back at me. "Well I have some wipes in the storage closet shelves" Jacob said to me.

"Thanks" I said. I went into the closet, and grabbed it and pulled three wipes out aggressively wiping off the pen marks.

After breakfast, Harry, and I went down the street to wait at the bus stop. Minutes had gone by, and we hadn't said a word to each other. Trying to clear the thick air, I spoke to him. "When does the bus come?" I asked.

He sighed in a frustrated manner, acting as if I asked him for a kidney. He turned to look at me. "Just because we're cousins, does not make us friends. Nothing personal."

"It sure does feel personal" I said.

"Good, because it was" he admitted. I thought it was impossible for him to be more of a jerk, but I guess I was wrong.

The bus creaked up to us, and Harry got on. I followed the steps onto the bus after him. I wasn't used to riding a bus everyday to school. Back in Ohio we lived too far, so every morning my Grandfather would always drive me to school.

I dragged myself through the crowd of whispers, and snickering. I knew that they were talking about me, but I chose to ignore it. I plopped myself down into the only seat that was available.

I glanced at my seat partner, who still hadn't said a word yet. I couldn't tell if he was shy or didn't like me. Finally, I broke the silence. "I'm new here" I said to him.

He turned, revealing himself. His uncombed brown hair, and large glasses led me to believe he was a nerd. "I didn't think I'd seen your face before" He said in a very thick accent. He sounded English. "I'm Theo" He said.

"Im Sam" I returned. He didn't seem mean at all.

"Where'd you come from, Sam?" He asked me.

"Ohio" I told him.

Theo adjusted his glasses, then asked me another question. "Are you a junior?"

"Yeah" I responded, "Are you a freshman?"

"No, I'm a Junior as well" He answered insulted. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings he just looked really short, and skinny, with very boyish features. Harry must've picked on this kid the most.

The bus came to an easing halt in front of the school. Everyone raced to the front of the bus pushing, and shoving to get through the isle. I noticed that Theo had still been sitting down looking outside of the window. "What are you doing, aren't you going to get off?" I asked him.

Theo looked around at the people still shoving to get out of the door. "Im going to wait until its safe" he said as a student was shoved into us trying to get by. At the end of the line Harry had been one of the last ones to exit, along with his band of jocks. He paid no mind to me as if I never existed.

When the bus had finally cleared out, I stood up, and exited. I observed the school, amazed at how large it was. It was bigger than the school I used to go to back in Ohio. Our school was only about one sixth of this size with only about a a hundred and fifty kids attending it.

I walked into the large double doors below the "West Wilson high school" sign. The hallways were filled with hundreds of people. So this was how a real high school felt like? Kids were being wrangled for money, rebels were painting their lockers with profanity. I truly felt like I was at the heart of a civilization of teenagers.

Eventually the bell rang, and everyone had scurried off to their classes. I, on the other hand, was still lost, and looking for direction. "Excuse me" A man, I'm assuming was a teacher, called out towards me. I looked up, and faced him. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" he asked.

"Aren't you supposed to be teaching?" I said back to him. I didn't mean for my words to sound so sarcastic. I had a problem sometimes where these words would just automatically shoot out. Though I don't think this teacher would buy that as an excuse.

He walked closer to me, so he could get a better look at me. He was appalled by my cut up shirt, but said nothing. "I can see that you're new, and lost, so I'm going to ignore the fact that you just said that, and let you go" He told me, then turned around.

"Wait!" I yelled. He stopped, and turned back around. "Before you let me go, can you show me to the office?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sure. Just follow me" he said. He led the way, and I followed. "Are you Samuel Johns?" He asked.

"I go by Sam" I corrected him.

"Then you're related to Harry?" He asked.

"I guess I am" I said to him in a sarcastic tone. I'd rather not be known as Harry's relative.

"Are you as troublesome as Harry?" He asked. He sure liked to ask a lot of questions. 

"I'm quite the angel" I lied.

"Yeah, I'm sure" he agreed sarcastically. 

We reached the office, where a secretary had been sitting up front. "Can I get a schedule please?" I asked.

"Name?" She asked.

"Samuel Johns" I answered. She proceeded to print it out, then hand me a nicely print out sheet of paper that had my schedule on it.

The teacher who had shown me to the office offered to show me to my other classes. I rejected his offer, and told him that I was fine on my own but really I had no intentions of going to my first class.

"If you ever need any help, I'm Mr. Matthews. come by my room if your lost its A207" he told me.

I wasn't going to remember his name, and I didn't plan on using it. "Don't count on it" I told him.

He began to walk away, as I walked out of the office, but then stopped, and called out to me. "One more thing, Samuel!" He yelled. He had reminded me how much I hated when people called me by my full first name. I forced myself to turn around. "Welcome to Wilson High"