♚ E P I L O G U E ♚

__________
"Anyone can have a once upon a time or a happily ever after, but it's the journey between that makes the story worth telling"-Chris Colfer
__________

The rich azure sky housed no clouds as the sun shined happily over Fabula. The streets of Caeshire were filled with citizens who were already beginning to celebrate the day.

The Crystian castle buzzed with anticipation. Servants scurried around the halls placing flowers in painted porcelain vases and lighting candles.

Horses pulling carriages trotted along the path up the hill to the large doors of the castle, letting their royal cargo out to enter the palace.

The twins sat on a bay window that overlooked the town, allowing them to see for miles. Two bluebirds flew up to the glass and perched on the windowsill, chirping their midday melodies.

The door to the room opened softly but managed to grab the twins' attention. Silvia poked her head through the crack, a smile forming on her face at the sight of the girls. "I don't think your parents would be too pleased to see you two not in your dresses."

Carolyn pointed to the long rack of gowns against the wall in exasperation. "There's too many to choose from!"

The Fairy Godmother stepped fully into the room dressed in periwinkle robes, her crystal wand in hand. "I might be able to help."

The twins' eyes lit up and they quickly hopped off of the seat.

"Now, let's see if I can make dresses like I used to." She cleared her throat and spun her wand in circles while chanting, "Bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi- BOO!" Magic sprung from the tip and encased the twins, their robes transforming into elegant ball gowns fit for the highest royalty.

Carolyn's was a rose gold, lace, off-the-shoulder gown with long sleeves that hugged her arms. A metallic gold sash adorned her waist right where the dress flowed away from her waistline, running all the way down past her ankles before forming into a train.

Aura's gown was layered with silk fabrics, every color of the rainbow appearing throughout the design. Its flowing sleeves and skirt were decorated with elegant lace flowers, small diamonds in the center of each. The bodice latched onto her body before loosening into a full skirt, which then transitioned into a magnificent train. The back of the gown dipped into a gentle 'v' shape, exposing part of her back.

Their hair fell down their backs in elegant waves and their feet were adorned in cream-colored pumps.

The twins ran to the standing mirror in the corner and gasped at their reflections. Their grandmother's spell had done their make up as well, their lips a pretty pink and their lashes a rich black.

"Gran you are absolutely amazing!" Carolyn exclaimed, bouncing on the souls of her feet. She paused and pointed to her chest. "These aren't gonna disappear at the stroke of midnight like your last gig, right?"

Silvia burst into laughter and shook her head. "I promise." She took their hands in hers, smiling at the bracelet chains on their wrists. "You two have come so far. My babies have grown so much!"

"Gran!" Aura exclaimed as Silvia let out an over-dramatic sniffle.

A soft knock resounded against the white door, Felicity's head of golden hair popping into view. "Oh good, you two are dressed." She gasped when she looked at them longer. "And look how beautiful you two are." She flattened out the skirt of her dark green dress as she stepped into the room. "Are you two ready?"

Aura grabbed Carolyn's hand. "We're ready."

A bright smile lined Felicity's face as she led them through the palace.

The four strolled towards the throne room, the sounds of conversation growing louder as they neared the doors. Anthony was already waiting, wearing a dark blue suit, a sturdy crown on his head. He hugged the twins, whispering in their ear, "You both look beautiful." He gave them a reassuring smile before pushing the doors open and walking down the carpeted aisle with Felicity and Silvia.

The twins locked arms with one another before walking through the doorway. The throne room was restored to its former glory. The floor-to-ceiling windows let the golden sunlight flood through. Beautiful tapestries hung from the three-story high balconies that had each kingdom's crest embroidered into the vibrant fabric. A new golden chandelier hung from the vaulted ceiling.

As Aura and Carolyn walked down the center of the room, they smiled at the familiar royal faces that sat on either side of the carpeted aisle.

At the end of the aisle, in front of the two regal thrones on the elevated platform, stood a marble podium with a velvet cushion that held two dainty tiaras which sat on either side of the Story Almanac. The Fairy Godmother stood in the middle with Felicity and Anthony to one side, and Bailey, Jake, and Robin in their best attire to the other. A soft, uplifting melody played throughout the hall as the twins reached the platform.

Silvia bowed at the twins, with them to curtsy in return. She cleared her throat. "Today we celebrate our princesses, our saviors, who risked their lives time and time again to fix the Stories and save our world from darkness."

Aura and Carolyn kneeled down as Felicity and Anthony each took a tiara from the cushion. They placed the tiaras on the twins' heads as Robin and Jake placed Carolyn and Aura's respective weapons in their hands.

Silvia smiled down at the twins. "It is my honor to finally present their Royal Highnesses, Princess Aura and Carolyn of Crystia."

Applause and cheers rang out and echoed off of the stone walls.

The twins smiled brightly when a radiant, golden light engulfed them, raising them up in the air with the Story Almanac. Their tiaras, the wand, and sword vividly shined as pure gold versions of the Hero's original charms flew out of the Story Almanac and spun around the twins. They copied themselves and reattached to Aura and Carolyn's bracelet chains. The glow slowly disappeared as they were placed back on the ground.

To say their hearts swelled would be an understatement. After sixteen years of being the butt of schoolyard jabs, of feeling like they didn't have a place to belong, they finally did. With their friends by their side, their parents and grandmother there to support them, Aura and Carolyn had finally found what they had yearned for their whole lives.

"ALL HAIL THE PRINCESSES!" the Heroes cheered and clapped. Their chairs disappeared as the small orchestra began to play an upbeat waltz.

Jake approached Aura, holding out his hand. "May I have this dance, milady?"

Aura laughed before curtsying and taking his hand., placing her wand back onto the pedistal. "I would be honored, kind sir." The two laughed again before gliding onto the floor.

Robin walked over to Bailey as she stood off to the side, watching as more and more couples joined the dance. "It's a celebration you know, you're allowed to smile."

Bailey let out a deep breath, the puffy, off-the-shoulder sleeves of her dove white dress creasing as she crossed her arms. "I don't think I'll be able to be fully happy until she's dead."

Robin's lips set in a hard line as he lowered her head, his hands clasped behind his back. "We'll find her, Bailey. There's not a lot of places Hunter can lay low." Bailey nodded as he offered his hand to her. "Come on, join the dance."

She let out a soft laugh as he led her to the dance floor, joining into a circle with Carolyn, Aura, and Jake, finally allowing herself a little time to be care-free before the work began once again.

So this is where our story comes to a close, the Stories' happily ever afters secured and Fabula returned to the light after so long in the dark.

Together our heroes continued to rejoice in happiness, and lived happily ever after...

...for now