chapter 5

The doctor said I could finally go back to school and i couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, I still HATE that prep school but anything to get out of this mansion. I almost forgot about Xiad. Oh my what have I gotten myself into this time! I'm going to have to do my best to ignore him. I can't lose sight, not now.

I get everything ready and when i get downstairs Ben, My mom and step siblings are sitting at the dinner table having breakfast. I quickly just grab an apple and yell out "Bye Mom" as I hurriedly walk towards the door. I didn't want her to interrogate me about having breakfast with them. I mean how weird would that be.

After a few minutes of waiting at the bus stop, the bus finally arrives and i am relieved. As I enter the bus, my eyes automatically scan around the bus for Xiad. He's sitting on his usual seat and as usual with no one by his side. Must be force of habit now. "Res, Res, over here!" I hear Xiad call out. I simply just pretend to not hear him and just plug in my earphones. I swear earphones save lives! I pick the seat right at the front. Anything to get away from Xiad.

A few minutes into the ride, I slightly turn back and i notice Anna sitting in my seat right next to Xiad. Well not "my" seat but you know what I mean. They are both giggling about something and she leans on to his chest. Urghh she annoys me soooo much. For a second our eyes lock but he immediately converts his attention back to Anna and suddenly I feel a pang in my chest. What is this feeling. Why am i feeling this way, he was never mine anyway and if she wants him, she can have him.

We've arrived at school and I'm the first person to exit the bus. I am infuriated and i don't even know why. After exiting the bus, I start walking as fast as I can as I head for the corridor. "Res, wait up!" I hear Xiad call out from behind. I quickly turn as though it's something I've been expecting. "What do you want now?" I harshly say to Xiad. "Wait, so you tryna tell me even after yesterday, you still don't want to have a decent conversation with me?" Xiad says while raising an eyebrow. "LOL! And what happened yesterday? You didn't really think that meant anything now, did you?" I say while forcing a chuckle. I hate being like this but it is what it is. "Ouch! You do know that you still owe me right?" Xiad replies, the pain evident in his tone. "Just tell me wtf you want and get away from me!" I said back. I hate that I said this but i wanted to do the best I could to get out of this predicament. "If you don't want me to tell your parents about your little 'trip' with Chris then you should take the Alpha Maths test that will be held tomorrow." Xiad says. I can't believe this. "I won't even pass that stupid test, I'm not smart enough." I reply well I lie.

"You know i see past that whole rebellious teen b/s right? I see the real Resmee not what you pretend to be so you better promise me that you'll do your best on that test or else.."  Okay fine! I'll do it." I had no choice but to give in to his stupid demands. Boarding school is not even on my bucket list. "Yayy!!!!" Xiad starts jumping up and down like a girl obviously trying to make me laugh. It worked.