18.

[CHAPTER 18 : DOUBLE DATES]

As fall turned into winter, Simon and Bella grew farther apart

As fall turned into winter, Simon and Bella grew farther apart. Of course, they tried to make time for each other at least once a week, but a lot of the time their conflicting schedules got in the way of that. 

Tristan and Bella were now officially dating and the entire school knew. Of course, Paris Geller hated her for it but Bella didn't care, she was practically in love with Tristan. 

Tristan was practically in love with Bella too. 

The winter formal dance approached and Bella didn't really want to go as it wasn't really her scene.

Her and Rory never attended school dances as they would usually much rather stay home and watch movies with Lane and Simon or their mother. But somehow this one was different. Both Rory and Bella had boyfriends and somehow it gave them more of a reason to attend.

Bella stood at her locker when Tristan came up.

"Hey Belle."

Bella smiled and pecked him on the lips, "What's up?"

Tristan gave her a wide smile, "I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to the winter formal?"

Bella thought for a second, she didn't necessarily want to go but she knew he wanted to and she would go for him, and maybe a school dance would be different with a boyfriend. "It would be my pleasure."

Tristan smiled and gave her a hug, "Okay, great. I'll buy us the tickets." Tristan practically skipped when he walked away from her. "It's going to be great!"

Bella laughed and turned back to her locker when Rory walked up to her. "You're going to the dance? I thought we were going to stay in and watch movies like we always do."

"Yeah, I don't really want to go but Tristan wants to so I'm going for him." Bella said before gasping as an idea came her mind. "Oh my god! You should bring Dean to the dance!" 

Rory laughed, "Yeah, okay. Like Dean would come to a Chilton dance."

"Well if you wanted to go, I'm sure he would. We could just try this dance and if we don't like it we don't have to go to another one. Please please please, just consider it." Bella begged.

Rory thought for a second, "Okay fine, I'll talk to Dean about it. Maybe it would be nice to get all dressed up for a night."

Bella jumped up in excitement, "Okay great! I'm excited!"

"Dean hasn't even said yes yet."

"Oh come on Rory, the kid is in love with you. There's no way he'll say no."

Rory gasped, "Oh shut up, he is not in love with me."

"You are blind, twin sister." Bella shook her head in disapproval.