12.

[CHAPTER 12 : IS THIS A BAD TIME?]

     It was a sunny morning, but for Bella it felt like a dark and stormy night

It was a sunny morning, but for Bella it felt like a dark and stormy night. She woke up on the wrong side of the bed and just wanted to stay there for the rest of her life, but as she had school. She forced herself to get up and got ready slowly and just made it out the door, without even noticing Lane walking out with them, and didn't even acknowledge the face that Babette and Morey put their cat, Cinnamon, in a carriage.

Bella and Rory bid their mother goodbye and made their way to the bus. Neither of them really spoke to each other, Bella just told her sister that she was in a terrible mood and couldn't wait to go home and sleep.

She turned her Walkman on and put on her Macy Gray CD and listened to some music as she found her seat next to Rory on the city bus. As her music wasn't on too loud she heard someone say, "Hey," in both her and Rory's ears making Rory scream in surprise and Bella nearly jumped out of her skin. She turned around, only to see the one and only, Dean Forrester.

"What the hell?" Bella scolded.

"Morning," Rory greeted.

"Good book?" He asked Rory.

"Don't know yet," Rory answered dryly.

"I saw you standing in line so I thought I'd say hello," Dean told the girls (but mostly Rory).

Rory let out a long breath and didn't answer him so he said, "Hello?"

"Hello," Rory said nervously.

Bella decided that this conversation had nothing to do with her so she put her earphones back in and just zoned out until Dean bid her goodbye when he got off the bus then then went back into zoning out.

---

At school, Bella was ready to arrive to class earlier than expected. When closing her locker, she was met with the all too familiar face of Tristan DuGray standing right in front of her, making her nearly jump out of her skin for the second time that day.

"Jesus!" Bella exclaimed. "What do you want?" She then asked him, harshly.

Tristan put up his hands in surrender, with his usual smirk on his face. "Is this a bad time?"

Bella immediately felt bad, she didn't want to take her anger out on anyone or hurt anyone's feelings so she quickly apologized to the boy, "No, I'm sorry. I'm not in the best mood today." She sighed.

"It's alright, I just had a question," The blond boy told her.

"If you're asking me to give you the answers to the history homework then—" Bella began saying but he cut her off.

"No, no! Thanks for reminding me though, I should do that. But that's not what I was going to ask," Tristan said to her.

"Okay... So what is it?" Bella asked after waiting a little while for him to ask but he just stood there with a dorky smile on his face.

"Oh. Yeah. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out with me, this Friday?" Tristan asking, feeling hopeful.

Bella looked behind her as she thought that maybe it was some kind of joke, but there wasn't anyone there laughing at her so she turned back to him and asked, "Me?"

Tristan let out a small laugh, "Who else?"

"Oh, um. Sure, I'd like that. To go out with you, I mean. As if you didn't already know." She whispered the last part to herself.

Tristan had the biggest grin on his face, saying, "Okay, great! I'll pick you up at 7:00. I'll see you later."

Tristan walked off, leaving Bella alone and wonderstruck. Her bad day had somehow turned into a decent one. She had a big smile on her face as she bit her bottom lip and let out a small giggle.

"What's up with you?" She heard someone ask from behind her. She turned around and saw her sister looking at her with a smile. "I thought you were in a bad mood? What happened?"

     Bella felt her cheeks flush red as she told her sister, "I got asked out."

     "Oh my god! Really? By who?" Rory asked her sister excitedly as she jumped up and down slightly.

     "Tristan DuGray!"

     Rory stopped her jumping and looked at her sister in confusion, "Ew. Him?"

     "Hey!" Bella lightly pushed her sister's shoulder, "He's not that bad once you get to know him."

     "And you know him?" Rory asked her.

      "Well, I've spoken to him more than you have."

      Rory looked at her sister with a slight smile, "I'm happy for you. I just don't want you to get hurt."

      "I know, I know." Bella said as her sister pulled her into a hug.

      The twins separated from their hug and both of them picked they're books up from the floor and began walking to class. "So when's the date?"

"Friday."

"What're you going to wear?"

"I have no idea."

"It's okay. We'll figure it out together."

—-

A/N

This isn't edited but I really wanted to get this up so I at least felt the slightest bit productive today. I really miss updating more often but school is insanely hard this year. I'll try my best to update more often though.

Thanks for reading!