25.

[CHAPTER 25: SAY THE WORD]

Bella was dreading parents night

She didn't want to go but Rory forced her to. Rory was always forcing Bella to attend school events even though she never wanted to go. There were very few times where Bella actually enjoyed a school event.

The whole night was a blur of boredom until she was standing in the middle of the cafeteria and people were giving her weird looks. She just brushed it off since she felt like people were always giving her weird looks for some reason.

What confused her the most though was one of the boys she recognized from her English class stood in front of her while he pointed and laughed. 

Bella gave him a sarcastic smile and flipped him off. His smile fell as him and his friends walked away.

"Bella!"

The brunette turned around to see her ex walking towards her. He looked really good tonight. Well, he always did. She felt the blush appear on her cheeks as he approached her.

"Tristan! What's going--" Before she could finish, he cut her off to explain to her why everyone was acting weird.

"Paris told everyone your mom was kissing Mr. Medina."

Bella's jaw dropped. She knew her mother was dating Max, or she though she was about to break up with him. Either way, Paris had no business getting in her mother's business. "That bitch!"

Bella scanned the cafeteria before seeing Paris in front of where Rory was sitting, probably taunting her about it.

Bella practically stomped over to where Paris was standing before Tristan could grab her arm to stop her from making a scene.

Bella shoved Paris' shoulder lightly to get her attention, Paris stumbled slightly. Bella was slightly taller than Paris, causing the girl to look up. "Is there a reason why you constantly feel the need to be a raging bitch?"

Paris raised her eyebrows, looking completely unfazed by Bella's comment, before coming back with, "Is there a reason why your mom was kissing our teacher?"

Bella gave the girl a sarcastic smile, she knew about the Geller's very public divorce, the one that everyone was currently talking about, she was sure that was why Paris was trying to get the attention off of her, but Bella honestly couldn't care less.

"You know, just because your life sucks and your parents don't love each other it doesn't mean you get to make everyone else's lives a living hell."

"Oh you--" Paris was about to start yelling and catch the attention of their classmates, that comment had got to her, Bella's smile just grew, but Tristan cut her off by grabbing Bella's hand and dragging her behind him.

"We're done here," Tristan told Paris.

"Oh look at the hero, constantly saving his girlfriend despite the fact that we've been friends since we were kids!" Paris exclaimed very loudly, catching the attention from surrounding people.