19.

[CHAPTER 19: POWERLESS]

     By the time the dance came around, Bella was exhausted

By the time the dance came around, Bella was exhausted. Things had been awkward between her and Tristan since the night of their argument.

Bella was wearing a black satin, body-con dress that her mother had made her when Tristan picked her up. Dean hadn't gotten there yet, but Bella figured she would see him at the dance.

"You look great," Tristan pointed out in the car as they drove to the venue.

"Thanks, so do you," Bella awkwardly smiled.

Since their argument Bella didn't even know what to say to Tristan, she didn't even want to go to this dance, but Tristan wanted to so she did.

After a mostly silent car-ride, they arrived at the venue.

"Wow this place is so nice," Bella gaped at the nice looking room.

Tristan smiled, "Yeah it is, isn't it?"

He moved his hand to her lower back to guide her to their table. Everyone around them seemed to be having a good time, it was upbeat, it almost made Bella feel better about the situation.

"This should be fun," Bella tried to lighten the tension between them.

"Yeah," Tristan replied back, not knowing what else to say.

The awkwardness and tension between them was so beyond obvious. Bella had never met someone who didn't like Simon, he was her person. And now that Tristan told her he loved her, it made things awkward because, she didn't know if she loved him back. It had consumed her mind since he had said it and she hadn't been able to focus on anything else. She cared deeply for Tristan, she thought maybe she was in love with him, but she didn't even know what love was, she was sixteen.

After a long minute of sitting in silence, she saw In the corner of her eye she saw Dean and Rory walk in. She practically jumped out of her seat to go to them.

"Bella--" Tristan started but Bella didn't stay to hear him.

She made her way towards Dean and Rory as fast as she could, giving them both a quick hug.

     "Dean, you're looking fancy," Bella pointed out.

     Dean smiled, "Yeah, I thought I'd clean up for your sister."

     Bella thought it was cute. Dean really liked her sister and Bella was really happy for Rory.

     "Where's Tristan?" Rory asked.

     Bella rolled her eyes. She didn't mean to, she did it out of impulse, she couldn't help it, things had been so awkward since that night.

     "Woah," Dean started, "Trouble in paradise?"