- 𝟒𝟏 -

L R C

"You put your arms around me and I'm home"
Arms - Christina Perri

October 10th, 2020 || New York City, New York

After a long flight, Mia and I finally landed in New York. Tonight I get to see Corbyn in person for the first time in a while. He still doesn't know that I'm in New York or that I'm coming tonight. Mia texted Daniel to make sure to keep an eye on him just in case we don't bump into him in the city. We even made sure we stay in different hotels so that we won't cross paths before the show.

We landed in JFK at 2am so by the time we reached the hotel, me and Mia were out like a light. A couple hours later I woke up around 10 and decided to walk around the block for some breakfast. October in NYC is much different than October in LA; I walk out of our hotel building in leggings, Corbyn's hoodie, a jean jacket over it, and high top Converse. 

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I feel my heart skip a beat, thinking it could be Corbyn. I check the contact name to see it's only Mia. "Good morning."

"Where are you?" she asks grumpy and tired.

"I'm feeding you. I'm getting breakfast. You want your usual coffee order?" 

"Would I want anything else? Thank you slave." she teases. I laugh at her humor.

"Anything for you sweetie." I tease back before hanging up on her. I find a coffee shop across the street and walk on the crosswalk towards it. The place doesn't look too crowded which is a good sign. Being in New York for the first time is a little terrifying if I do say so myself. Especially when you don't know where to go for anything.

I open the glass door to see the one person that I've been hoping to see for months in the center of the room. Except he's not alone, but he's with the beautiful brunette across from him. I feel my heart drop at the sight of the two of them smiling and talking together. Now I know why fans loved them so much - they're perfect.

Corbyn notices me and that's my cue to leave. He wasn't supposed to know I was here, this was all supposed to be a surprise. Now it's ruined, and I don't know what to do. Ever since Mia told me we were coming to New York, I've fantasized of how we'll meet, none of them resembled this. I try calling over a taxi, but no one will stop for me. I found a taxi, but as it pulls over, a pair of businessmen steal the ride from me.

I hear a whistle come from nearby and immediately a taxi comes my way. I turn around to see the same brunette from the coffee shop behind me. The taxi stops in front of us and I look at her, seeing if she'll go in. 

"You can go, the taxi's for you." she tells me, shooing me inside. I go inside the taxi and she follows me in, sitting next to me on the old seats. "I'm Christina." she says, introducing herself. 

"Radio City Music Hall please." she instructs the driver. We get moving and put on our seat belts as we enter some good ol' New York traffic. 

"I'm Lara." I tell her, still confused as to why she's here next to me. She looks at me and gives me a friendly smile in return. Why is she doing this? If anything, I'd rather be alone right now.

"Corbyn really cares about you." she starts off. I look at her, giving her my undivided attention. 

"I haven't seen him in 2 years, but he seems really really happy. I knew in my heart, what we had wasn't going to last forever. But I also know it's different for the two of you. After 2 years of missed time, I got to talk to him for less than an hour and the only thing I could see in his face was peace and joy. Before I called a cab, I asked who you were, and he said about a thousand things in the span of 60 seconds." she explains. I feel butterflies in my stomach as I hear about the things Corbyn said about me.