- 𝟔 -

C M B

"Don't mind all my friends, I know they're all crazy
But they're the only friends that I have."
Can We Dance - The Vamps

Saturdays are for the boys. At least that's what I heard when we all went to one of Daniel's friend's party. We all woke up around 11, give or take 10 to 30 minutes. The only person who was up when I was was Jonah, who was already downstairs in the kitchen, pouring his morning coffee. "Morning Jo." I say as I get some bread to make some toast. Eben's been out of town for the past 3 months, doing some pop up shows all over the states. He's supposed to be back in LA tomorrow, so we're planning to throw a party here to welcome him back.

After I finished my breakfast, Daniel walks out, dressed for the gym. "Good mornin' guys." he says as he takes the seat next to me. "Actually its good afternoon now, but whatever." Jonah says jokingly. He was right, it's already 12:00. I'd say I'm surprised that Jack and Zach aren't awake by now, but I'm not. Jack went on about this 24 hour gamers contest and he was determined to win so that's probably what he was doing all night. "Daniel, y'gonna have some breakfast?" Jonah asks him, offering him an apple. "Nah, it's okay, I already ordered some Chipotle through Postmates." he says. I look at him "offended", with my hand on my chest. "Wow and you didn't even ask if I wanted anything?"

"Oh stop crying, I ordered you a burrito." he says, throwing me an apple. I put the apple down on the counter, "Really? Thanks man, you didn't have to do that."

"Mhmm." he says back sassily, making the 3 of us laugh. "Hey what about me?" Jonah asks. You can see the hope in his face as he asks him. Who can blame him, who doesn't want a free burrito? "Yes you too, I got you your usual." An appreciative smile appears on Jonah's face.

"Aww, thanks man. You didn't have to do that though." Jonah says as he pats Daniel's back. Daniel turns to the both of us, taking a bite of his apple. "Y'know, you guys say that I didn't have to do it, but then you get offended when I don't do it. Where is the logic?" If I'm being honest here, I didn't pay attention to half of what he just said, let alone comprehend it. "It's not logic, it's called love." I tell him, patting him on the shoulder as I walk past him. "Yeah, exactly what Corbs said. We do what we do out of love." Jonah says, agreeing with me.

"Gee thanks guys, love you too." Daniel tells us flatly, making the 3 of us laugh again at our stupid bits. Zach then comes downstairs, still in the same clothes he was in the night before. "Hey Zach." I say. Daniel throws him an apple as he says hello to him and Zach catches it in his hands. "Hey guys, so what are we doing today?" he asks, taking a bite out of his apple.

"I was thinking paintball?" Jonah suggests. An excited look appears on Zach's face. What can I say, the kid loves a good game of paintball. Jack then comes down the stairs, barely awake. I'm actually surprised he's awake now. Usually he'd be asleep for another hour or so. "I heard paintball." he says, still tired. "Yep, I'll call the place right now for reservations." Zach says excitedly as he runs into his room to fetch his phone. Just then we hear the doorbell ring twice. "It's probably the food, I got it." Daniel says as he walks to the front door. It's been almost 5 minutes and he's still at the door, he should be done by now.

"Who are you looking for?" we all hear him say. Zach comes back with his phone, "Okay so-"

"Shhhhh." me, Jack, and Jonah all say. Zach joins us at the kitchen island as we listen carefully to Daniel's conversation. Suddenly, as if a switch was turned on, I'm racing to the foyer to meet Daniel at the door.