- 𝟐𝟒 -

C M B

"Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is La vie en rose"
La Vie En Rose - Louis Armstrong

~ ~ ~ 3 weeks later...(Present Day)~ ~ ~

"Corbyn! Your phone!" I hear Zach yell from downstairs. I rush out of my room and down the stairs to answer it before I miss yet another call. I misplaced my phone this morning and couldn't find it, but only hear it. "I got it! Thanks!" I yell back before answering the call.

"Hola." I hear the voice say on the other end of the line. Lara. 

"Talk to me." I say, causing her to sigh. I don't know why, but I can feel her smiling. Today must be a good day. 

"I have exciting news." she says. I walk back upstairs to my room, phone by my ear. "That's not the next lyric silly." I tease as I go onto my bed. 

"I know I know okay?" she laughs. "But if I did continue the lyric, we'd be here for ages." she says. I guess she's got a fair point there. 

"Hey at least you know the song by heart now!" I say jokingly, causing her to laugh a little. "But what was it you were gonna tell me?"

"Oh it's not that big of a deal, but you're invited to my housewarming party." she says. A party? This should be fun. 

"You mean apartment-warming party." I say, correcting her. I know it's a stupid joke, but that's what makes it so good right? That's why dad jokes are funny 'cause they're so bad.

"I- I can't with you." she huffs, laughing after. It's so nice to hear that laugh, I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing it. But then again, I could hear her voice any day.

"Well I'll be there." I tell her before she can say anything else. 

"I didn't even tell you when or where-"

"You don't have to," I say, cutting her off. "I'll be there." I say with a smile. 

"I guess I'll save you a seat then." she responds. "Next to you?" I ask her. A smirk forms on my face without me even knowing it. 

"Where else would you sit?" she says back. She might be as smooth as I am - maybe even more. I like this. I like us. I like the way we are. It's new. It's different. It's us

I can feel my face warm up as I think about seeing her soon. I almost forgot what it was like feeling like this...I guess most would say it's love, but it's too early for that.

Or is it?

...

Shut up.

Whatever this feeling is, it's nice. Really really nice. In fact, these past 3 weeks have been great. Lara and I have hung out a couple times, just the two of us. But when we hang out it's like we've known each other for years. It's so easy with her. I can be myself. I don't have to worry about keeping up this image or my reputation around her, I can just be me. Be Corbyn. 

"Corbyn!" she says. I snap out of my thoughts, almost forgetting I was on the phone. I really need to stop doing that. "Yeah I'm here I'm here."

"Can you let me in?" she asks. I sit up immediately while a confused expression takes over me. I walk out of my room, my phone still near my ear. I head downstairs, speed-walking to the front door. 

I see a shadow through the front door and quickly open it to see the hazel eyed brunette at my door. How- Why...

"Surprise!" she says with that beautiful smile of hers. I put my phone away in my pocket and give her a tight hug, my head on top of hers. "What are you doing here?" I ask, still slightly shocked.