"Good. Because I really need to blindfold you now."

"Why?" she asks, and I can't help but laugh as I pull her up and into me.

"That's the point of blindfolds, peanut. They're meant to surprise you."

"But what's the surprise?"

"Mila..." I groan. "Baby, please. Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do," she says without a hint of hesitation in her voice.

"Good. Let's go, then. I can't wait anymore."

***

Mila

I really hate surprises. Or at least I have.

With Hayden, it's different, even though I can't deny I still hate walking somewhere with a blindfold on. Especially with being six months pregnant. I'm always scared of bumping into something.

Hayden's arm around my waist makes me feel safe, though, so I follow him onto the grass I sense beneath my feet, realizing he must've led me into the stadium. A few minutes later, we step on something solid, and I suddenly hear his whisper in my ear. "I'm going to lift you up now. Careful."

I have no idea how he manages to do it, considering I probably weigh a ton with our baby in my belly, but within seconds, I feel how I'm carried bridal-style, and a minute later the solid ground is back beneath my feet.

"Here, hold on to the rail." Hayden moves my hand to some metal rail in front of me, my hands gripping it tightly as I feel him come around my back again, his head resting on my shoulder when he whispers, "I'm going to take off the blindfold now, but I need you to keep your eyes closed..."

I nod in response, trying to ignore the pounding heart in my chest. This day has been so nerve wrecking, I can't seem to form a proper thought, and I almost flinch as he removes the blindfold, the light shining against my eyelids. I work hard to not open my eyes out of sheer curiosity—Hayden did rub off on me.

"Okay, I'll tell you when you can open them, alright? I'm just a few feet away from you—just keep your hands on the rail."

"Alright..."

He presses another kiss on my temple, and soon I feel the warmth of his body leaving my proximity. I just stand here, clasping the rail in front of me, holding on for dear life.

Shit, why am I so nervous?

Peanut is kicking in my belly, and I have to take a deep breath as one hand rubs my bump, trying to soothe our baby. "It's okay, little bean. I'm good." I whisper the words, and I can't help but smile when the kicking actually calms. "Thank you," I mutter, and rub it once more.

"Okay, are you ready?" Hayden must be yelling; his voice sounds far away, but I still hear him loud and clear.

"How can I know if I'm ready when I don't know what I should be ready for?"

"Mila, I swear to God..."

I can't help but laugh at that, covering my mouth with my hand as I try, just once, not to make a fool of myself. "Sorry. Yeah, I'm ready."

"Good." I hear the nervousness in his voice when he calls out again, "Then open your eyes now, love."

I do as he says, and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust to the light the setting sun casts on the field, but once I do... "Holy shit."

Hayden stands a few feet away from me on the field, his gaze aiming straight at me. I squint my eyes to take in his surroundings, and as soon as I recognize the words written behind him in orange wrappers, I gasp. "Oh, God..."