Chapter 17

"The two of you will be working together on this next project on site. It's quite a distance away, you'll have to carpool there since we will compensate for your travel expenses." The middle aged man said to his two youngest photographers.

He always teamed them together for group projects, since they worked well together. He hadn't noticed the cold atmosphere between the two as he walked away leaving the men staring at one another.

"Ok I guess I'll drive then." Taehying insisted as he glanced at Jungkook. Jungkook simply nodded and followed him to his car.

They were professional and had no issues as they traveled for the shoot.

"How's life?" Taehyung asked after driving for so long in silence.

He noticed Jungkook seemed to have a lot on his mind. He knew from his facial expression something was bothering him and he was curious what it was.

"Good." Jungkook answered shortly as he stared out the window. "And how's your life?"

"Good too." Taehyung answered. "It's Jennie's birthday soon. Have you made plans?"

Jungkook clenched his jaw at the mention of his girlfriend's name coming out of Taehyung's mouth. He especially didn't like that Taehyung also remembered Jennie's birthday.

"Uh yes I have..." Jungkook narrowed his eyes at Taehyung.

"Oh good. She likes Gucci like me, you should get her something Gucci." Taehyung advised glancing at his Gucci shoes Jennie bought him for his birthday last year.

"Thanks I got it covered." Jungkook said gritting his teeth.

Taehyung shrugged as he focused on the road.

"And how's the married life?" Jungkook asked Taehyung, throwing him off guard with his question...

Taehyung stared straight ahead and sighed.

"It's ok, I guess... Lisa is always hungry and moody. It's hard to talk to her when she's like that. I just buy her whatever food she wants to keep her happy."

"That's how it should be."

"Yeah." Taehyung agreed. "So how's the sex life?" Taehyung smirked a bit, now it was his turn to throw Jungkook off guard with his sudden question. He suspected sex was an issue in their relationship.

"None of your business." Jungkook said firmly. He tried not to let his anger overtake him as he tried to remain professional. If he wasn't at work he might have punched Taehyung again for stirring up shit.

"Oh come on, I'm just curious." Taehyung glanced at Jungkook with a playful grin.

"It's fine!" Jungkook raised his voice as he glared back at Taehyung.

"Just fine? I can help if you have any questions." Taehyung prodded.

"Well... actually I uh... nevermind." Jungkook looked down at his hands and shut his mouth. He was so used to confiding in his old friend he almost forgot they weren't friends anymore.

"Hey I'm not a bad guy I just made a mistake, but I still want to be your friend and help." Taehyung said sincerely.

"I'll think about it." Jungkook honestly missed his friends' companionship, but he didn't think he could forgive him for what he had done to him and Jennie.

As the two men finished up the hectic photo shoot, they wearily headed back to the office. Taehyung noticed Jungkook's phone was vibrating with text messages.

It seemed to be all from Jennie.

Feeling a tug at his heart recalling the days when it used to be him that received those text messages Taehyung felt a fit of jealousy. But now he's a married man to another woman.