Chapter 12: Surprise!

3 Months later

Jennie moved to a new city and started a new job. She had found an affordable yet decent place to rent and was happily living alone. Fortunately, she had been able to find work that paid more. Before she left her former job it had been awkward with her and Lisa. They were once close and used to chat at the water cooler daily.

Lisa avoided her and later she found out Lisa was dating Taehyung. Jennie overheard her coworkers gossiping about it when they didn't think she was around. Everyone in the office knew and no one was surprised when Jennie turned in her resignation letter. Her boss was understanding and allowed her to leave earlier than usual to avoid any office drama.

At Jennie's new job she was a manager and in charge of several people. She was paid double what she used to make, and loved her new position.

With time, Jennie was finally starting to get over Taehyung. In retrospect, she realized their relationship was not healthy and that she should have left him sooner. He was her first serious relationship and she didn't know what to expect. For all she knew they were a normal couple.

After a long day at work she arrived to her apartment and checked the mail. Mostly bills, however a decorative letter appeared in between the plain mail. It was a pink colored envelope with big cursive font in black.

Lalisa Manoban and Kim Taehyung invite you to our Wedding!

Jennie dropped the mail with her hand covering her mouth in shock.

No! They're getting married!?

She picked up the mail and sure enough her eyes didn't deceive her. Her ex was really marrying her former friend.

As she entered her apartment, the familiar heartache she felt for months returned in full force making her weep.

Why would they invite me? Is this some kind of sick joke?

Lisa had tried to reach out to her last month, but Jennie ignored her messages and calls, even blocking Lisa's phone number.

Feeling conflicted, Jennie reached out to her only friend she made at her new job, Jisoo. They had gotten really close since they had a lot in common. Jisoo was bubbly and always made Jennie laugh. Their quick friendship was what got her through the breakup. Jennie dialed Jisoo's number.

"Hey Jisoo!"

"Jennie! What's up?"

"You'll never guess what I got in the mail!"

"What?"

"An invitation to Lisa and Taehyung's wedding!"

"Wait... what?!"

"Yeah girl! They're getting married and had the audacity to invite me!"

"You should go!"

"Why?"

"Go there with a hot guy and make them mad that you're happy."

"That's not what I thought you'd say..."

"Those assholes sent you that letter to laugh at you. It's to show you that they're happy and they're rubbing it in your face! Don't let them get the last laugh!"

"So... invite a hot guy to go with me?"

"You know what?! Ask that guy Jungkook, the one that was best friends with Taehyung!"

"No way!"

"That way both of you can go there and show them that you're happy too."

"Hm... I'll consider it."