ninety-six

Zacznij od początku

"Why, because for once I was wrong and you were right?"

"That, but I'm not sorry for the fact that I made a decision for myself for once," Deli looked down, shaking her head before she stood up, looking back up at the man across the room.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That all my life, every decision I have made has been for you," Tony cocked an eyebrow, still not seeing her point as she continued. "You became a superhero, so I became one in order to protect you. You wanted me to step up into the spotlight and speak to the media more, so I did it for you. You want to move into the tower and uproot our lives after the Mandarin, so I follow you. Always, I do it all, for you."

"I never asked you to. I never forced you to,"

"But I have loved you so much and for so long that I do it without a second thought," the exasperation was clear in her voice. "I'm sorry for how it all happened, I'm sorry that I hurt you, but I'm not sorry that I made a decision for myself to make sure that a man who was framed wasn't killed for someone else's agenda."

Tony stared her in the eyes for a few moments, taking in everything she said as Audelia rocked on her feet, trying to contain her nerves.

"I mean, you made the choice to leave Nathan all those years ago, that wasn't me,"

It made her laugh, that laugh that Tony had been in love with his whole life, and brought a smile to his face.

"I think we both know that decisions was made entirely because of you,"

"It was the right call. I had only been waiting for you for, I don't know, like two decades?"

For the first time in awhile, Audelia wore a genuine smile on her face as she looked at Tony. He held one on his lips as well.

Without a second of hesitation this time, he strolled up to her, taking her left hand in his as he played with the ring on her finger.

"I wasn't lying when I told you that mom only ever wanted you to wear this," he told her, eyes shining with love when he looked at her. "She used to tell me that we were twin flames."

Audelia laughed, shaking her head.

"Two halves of the same soul," she whispered as she looked up at him. "Guess both of our moms knew from the beginning."

Tony let go of her hand, wrapping his arms around her as he brought her in close, inhaling her scent as she did the same to him, burying her head in his shoulder as she let a single tear slip down her cheek.

"You have done...so much for me in our lives, that it's time I repay that," Tony whispered into her hair. "We're done, for good."

It took Audelia a moment to realize what those words meant, before she pulled back with wide eyes.

"We're done? You mean it?"

"Until the world gets invaded by some giant alien, Imperial and Iron Man are done," his hand cupped her cheek, thumb running over the skin. "The most important thing in my life is standing right in front of me, and it's time she had my full attention. Plus, there's a little girl that needs us."

The elation that flooded Audelia was instant as she tugged Tony into her, placing her lips on his in an instant. Tony didn't hesitate, bringing her in as close as possible as he molded his lips with her's, never wanting to pull away from this moment with her.

"We still have shit to work through, I hope you realize," Tony commented with a smirk as he pulled away for a moment. "I'm not totally over Siberia, there's still a lot of shit that needs worked through."

"Work through it later. Right now, please just love me, Tony,"

"I never stopped,"

Their lips were brought back together for a split moment before Tony lifted her up and threw her over his shoulder, a mischievous smirk on his face. He gave her ass a pat as he carried her down the hallway, her laughter bouncing off the walls until the bedroom door closed with them inside.

Two halves of the same soul, that would find their way back together no matter what.

◼ ◼ ◼

I don't want you guys to feel as if them making up is rushed, because I don't believe it is

I don't want you guys to feel as if them making up is rushed, because I don't believe it is. They'll have their share of ups and downs, this isn't something you walk away from in one conversation, but they're meant to be together and want to just brush it aside for the moment, like any normal couple. I don't know, I'm the author I don't really need to explain my decisions lol