VI

The cold icy feeling of the bottle beneath his fingers practically sent Jimmy into shock. He couldn't remember the last time he had wrapped his fingers around the neck of a bottle. It had to have been at least three years by now.

The touch of the bottle reminded him of so much. He could still practically feel the power surging beneath the bottle's glass. That same power that he had given into.

The feeling of the bottle gave him mixed emotions, all of them however were bad. He felt the guilt of what the bottle had made him do. Of what it had made him to his family. He felt the excitement. That feeling of having a raw untamable power in his hand.

And he felt afraid. Yes, mostly he was scared. He was scared of that power. He was afraid that he might give into trying it once again, that he couldn't restrain himself. And that once more he'd fall to that power he once simply held in his hand.

But mostly he was terrified of what might happen. Of what would happen if he did try it again. If he did fall to that power. And of what might happen if he did. Of what he might do. He was afraid of how he might hurt himself, or perhaps even more of the people he loved.

All of these thoughts plowed through Jim's mind all at once. This resulted in Jim struggling to catch his breath while shaking terribly. He had no visual to confirm it, but he was sure that his eyes must be watering. The whole basement seemed to hold its breath.

"NO!" Jimmy shouted, fear and anger in his voice. He shook violently and his breath came out in quick short intervals. However he wasted no time in darting out one hand and grabbing the wine bottle tightly by the neck.

Acting quickly, he whipped the bottle away from him at the wall he had just been traveling along. The bottle flew and collided with the stone wall in a hammersmash of glass and wine that seemed to shower across the whole cellar.

Jimmy felt the wine splash back at him aggressively and fragments of glass spray over him. He couldn't see anything yet he did not take his eyes away from where the noise had come from.

A particularly large piece of glass sprung back and sliced Jim's arm open. Blood spilled onto the cement but Jimmy paid no mind. His thoughts were elsewhere.

Sobs proceed to echo off the cellar walls while dark wine dripped down them.