Chapter Seven - Wed-din-dong

A new session has begun. Tori was engaged to Chuks and Laura was no more in her class.  She rarely saw Austin after the sexcapade at her place and always busied his calls.

         He seldomly calls but his daily messages kept dropping in and all of them finds their way to get recycle bin.  But there was one she never deleted, after she accepted Chuks. In that message he poured out his feelings to her telling her how much she means to him and how he wants to be the one to walk down the aisle with her.

          She cried her eyes out but there was really nothing she could do.

          Entering her class, She was not surprised when she sighted a bouquet of flower. This is the second week and it has been this way.

          "Chuks is so romantic" She thought to herself as she placed it aside and sat down. She also gets one at home.

          "Oh! how she loves Chuks!". She can't say she doesn't love Austin too because she thinks about him all the damn time. Her heart is torn between the both of them and she's doing all she could to push the feelings away. All she prays for is that nothing changes after she walks down the aisle with Chuks.

          During break, Becky who is now her closest friend came to see her at her class. The students were all out for playtime. She brought along with her the list of things they are yet to buy as she was her wedding planner and also her bridesmaid. Tori's wedding is scheduled for the school's upcoming holidays and shes so excited but sad same time because her parents wouldn't be around to witness the most happiest day of her life.

          "Bae we could not get a purple silk material so the bridal girls are all puting on pink now., I also reduced the number of Aso-Ebi girls. By the way, Chuks called me that the men on suit attire are ready that I should help him pick it up". 

          "By the way is just your cake we haven't paid for. Your gown is ready and venue sorted out. Here is the list with the prices written down" She said in a rush.

          She handed the list she was holding to me. 'Oh alright .I'm worried about something'.

     "What is it" Becky asked.

   'I have not gotten a little bride' I said sounding exhausted

  "Don't worry about that. I spoke to Austin and he allowed Laura do it."

   "You did what?" I said immediately with surprise in my voice.

   "What's wrong? At least you will get to see him on your wedding day maybe for the last time. It wouldn't be that bad Tori" She said and went out before I could say anything.

          School has closed for the day and Tori headed to Becky's classroom so they could head home  together when she saw Austin coming in through the gate. He avoided her eyes She noted.

     They walked passed each other without saying a word. 

     Now at Becky's class, she was waiting patiently for her to be done when she heard chatters. Looking up, It was Austin and Fiona laughing with each other.

     "So you can drop me off" She heard Fiona asking..

  "Sure where exactly?" He asked.

   "Just at my junction. I can get a keke going my way from there'.

   "No I would drop you off at your place. Its no stress." He said and immediately Fiona noticed Tori staring from inside the classroom and smiled wittingly at her.

          Tori watched as they walked out of the school.

     Becky Noticed.

         "Girl relax....We both know that Austin is just doing this to get back at you. He's only trying to make you jealous. And all you have to do is Ignore him. Ignore him Tori!" Becky said emphatically. Tori sighed and Becky holding her, together they walked out of the school together and waved down a cab that would take them both home.

WOW! Becky exclaimed when she saw the bouquet on Tori's table making her smile.

     "This is Chuks doing. He sends me flowers to me everyday." She said as she got a drink and glasses for the both of them.

" Awwwwn. So sweet. He is crazy about you" she replied and laughed.

  "Yes of course. Soon going to be her husband" Abby said as she walked in beaming with smiles as usual.

"Hi Abby." Becky said to her as she hugged her tightly.  Anyone who meets Abby always loves her because she got this beautiful and charming personality that attracts people to her. There is always a smile on her face.

     "Awwn hello sweet" She replied smiling beautifully and sat beside her.

"So this weekend we shall go check out the venue for the reception alright?.' Becky said talking to no one in particular. She asked Abby if she is comfortable with a pink gown because that's the color for the bridesmaids and she replied in the affirmative.

   "Can we all put a pause to this wedding talk for a motherfucking little bit FUCK!" Tori screamed out frustratingly. Abby and Becky both stared at her looking shocked and speechless. Aftrer a brief moment, Becky came towards her and pulled her in for a hug.

    "Oh darling, What's wrong?. You can talk to me. Just tell me what the problem is and I assure you_____'. Tori broke down in tears and ran straight into her room shutting the door.

      Few minutes later, Becky walks in carrying two glasses of Juice.

"Here, have this." She said as she handed her a glass.

"Thanks." Tori responded and had a sip. Becky kept staring at her and she knew she had to tell her what made her act out earlier on. She knew Becky would not relent till she tells her what is bothering her.

"It's Austin." She said aloud.

      Becky didn't respond and kept listening. "I love him and I just wish he's the one I'm ending up with." She said while sipping her juice. "And i am so scared Becky. I don't want to regret this. I feel like I'm making a mistake yet I can't stop myself why?". She asked and started wailing again.

  "Calm down Tori" Becky said Immediately. "I have met Chucks countless times, Spoken to him and he does not sound bad. He is a good guy. And the way he looks at you, Oh my God, any girl would be Jealous and would want him too because he adores you Boo. He loves you so why throw the love away after you both have come this far? 

    " Girl I suggest you stop this crazy thoughts and stick to your man, keep in mind you would soon be Mrs Chuks" She said teasingly shrugging on Tori and they both laughed.

       Tori was in a good mood now.
  But Becky knew that it wasn't for long. She knows her best friend, she meant all she said. She's still crazy about Austin.

Sigh.

The wedding came and it was not the usual. It was the talk of the town for months . Chuks spent money like he plucked it from trees. The big names in town were in attendance. Chuks friends from outside the country came and lavished dollars on the latest couple in town and they went home with trucks load of gifts. Austin was also in attendance and came with Fiona as his date. He looked so happy and acted like he never had anything with the bride. Both Chuks and Tori had their eyes on him.

    Both with different reasons.

      Like they say, All good things come to an end. The young couple left the venue of their reception for the airport to fly to Paris for their honeymoon and Austin were blurry from tears he fought to hold in.