Chapter Five - Assumptions

"Hi Austin".

"Tori yeah, did you get my voicemail?"

"Yes, just did and I'm sorry would be busy this evening." she said apathy. He knew from the sound of her voice she was being serious and he didn't like it.

"Oh alright I will just make it next week right? ".

"Yes that's okay" she replied.
"okay take care.". "Yes bye." she said and hung up on him.

"Gosh. It's so annoying I'm having two dates same time, I'm glad he understood". She spent close to two hours ravaging through her closet for something suitable to put on. Finally, she settled for a mini pink glittering dress and went into the bathroom to freshen up.

"Oh boy, you need to see this babe, don't worry she go soon show. See be perfect figure eight,totally stunning. (O boy, you need to see this bae, don't worry, she would be here soon, perfect body, totally stunning)." Chuks said to his friends...Davis, Sean, Harris, Austin and his closest guy Frank.

"I'm not surprised, as no girl can resist your charms. eze ụmụ nwanyị (king of girls)" frank hailed him.

Chuks smiled and grab his bottle of beer. Everyone was chattering except for Austin who was very quiet staring into nothing.

"Austin! Austino oo.... Wetin dey sup(what is happening) ?". Chuks asked worriedly. "are you alright!?.

"My brother, I nor dey myself for here oo. My chic wey I ask make she commot with me say she dey busy. The answer just weak me(i am not alright, my girl i asked on a date said she's busy. I'm not good)" he said weakly.

They all laughed and spanked him in his back. "guy, you are missing her. simple!" he nodded and took a sip from his drink.

She saw him first. Austin saw her immediately and exclaimed "oh my God! ". Everyone turned at his direction and then at the direction where he was looking. Immediately Chuks saw the reason for his outburst, he chuckled and walked up to her, held her by the waist and led her to where the rest where.

"Guys, meet Tori, my babe, my sweet honey and sugar" he said happily. They all nodded to her as she smiled in return.

"Waiter." Chuks called to the man at the other side of the lounge. "bring us your special" he told him when he came to answer him.

"yes sir" he said and left hurriedly. Tori avoided Austin's stare at the table. Angrily, he excused himself to the washroom. Davis went after him.

"Guy whatsup, You have been acting weird since Chuks bae came in". Davis asked anxiously.

"Hmm, Davis you would not believe it but that girl is the same girl that is making me go crazy. She's the one I have been talking about. She's the one I love, same person Chuks has now" he said disappointedly.

"Wow, my guy I understand you. Chuks is your guy, he would understand just talk to him. Let's go join the rest ". He said and they both went back to the table. It was late in the evening, when they all excused themselves leaving Chuks and Tori alone.

After their dinner, Tori was relaxing on Chuks shoulders when he spoke up. "hey babe, you really are beautiful ". She smiled and said thank you.

"I mean it girl, you are the prettiest damsel I have ever set my eyes on. Are you in a relationship? "

"no, I'm not. " she replied. He was very happy about that.

"Same here. And I like you. You are a very straight forward person, you make me happy with your good sense of humor, very accommodating ,your smile is pretty and not forgetting that pretty face of yours." he said. They both laughed .