Chapter 158 Aftermath of War

Start from the beginning

"....yeah. I promise Muichiro."

Soon Yozora began to leave the Demon Slayer Headquarters. As he did, he began to take a long journey to where it all began. As he had his two nichirin swords by his side, he said one thing.

"This is it. My final demon hunt."

~Meanwhile~
Onui and Nora were waiting for Yozora to return home after the war. Soon they heard someone knocking at the door. Onui rushed to the door and opened it, but she didn't see Yozora.

"Muichiro, what are you doing here?"

"I came to tell you something. Yozora might be a little late when you see him again."

Onui and Nora had a look of sadness on their faces. But that soon turned into a look of understanding. They knew Yozora wouldn't do something like this without a reason. Soon Nora spoke up.

"Its okay, Muichiro. All that matters is that he will come back. Right now, let's just have faith in his return. When he does, we'll greet him with a smile."

Muichiro looked at Onui and Nora. While they tried their best to smile, he knew that they were only doing that to keep him or Yozora from being worried. After all, they were completely devastated when they found out what happened to Kurome. Soon Muichiro thought to himself.

"Yozora.....please come back safe. Even if demons aren't a threat.....there are still people who need you."

~Meanwhile~
Tokinada is seen at Yozora's old village by himself. As he was waiting, he looked at the sky and saw it was dark. Soon he felt something land on his face. He quickly figured out what it was because it soon started to rain.

However, Tokinada wasn't bothered by this at all. The reason behind this is because he felt someone's presence getting closer and closer to him. Soon Tokinada stood up as he had a smile on his face.

"You've kept me waiting. Though, i believe this is the first time we've ever met, Yozora Tsugikuni. Though technically we did meet before, but you were unconscious when Kurome kidnapped you along with Kotomine. Though i must say......the bloodlust that you're aiming at me is pretty impressive."

Yozora was seen walking towards Tokinada in the middle of the rain. He had a serious expression on his face. Despite how this is the first time they've met, Yozora felt an immense hatred towards this man. Seeing his expression, Tokinada smiled as he puts his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Don't worry, Yozora. All the suffering and pain you've endured will finally be put to an end. After all, you've came here to kill me. The least i can i do is to give it my all during this battle."

"To kill you.......you know....my blades have taken the lives of many. However, that was never by my choice. I had to do it to survive, but now that you're my only obstacle.....i finally have a choice."

Yozora unsheathed his black nichirn sword as he looked at Tokinada. As the man looked at Yozora, he didn't see any desire to kill in Yozora's eyes. No, instead it was a look of pure determination.

"I'm tired of killing. I'm tired of having to pay for actions i never committed. But even so, i'm not here to kill you out of revenge. I'm not here to kill you simply because you're a demon. I'm here to stop you....so i can finally live my life the way that i want to. To be free from this bloodshed. To be free from the burden left to me by my ancestors. To protect everyone i care for and to share a laugh with them. To grow up and be a person i can be proud. This battle....will be the last time i stain my blades with blood."

Tokinada looked at Yozora. The boy said he wanted to live his life the way he wanted. That was something Tokinada also desired, but why? Why did Tokinada feel like there was a major difference between his goal and Yozora's despite how they're the same. Soon the man began to laugh as he held his blade.

"So you want to stop me. Fine then, but let's see if you can still cling to that foolish hope of yours, my grandson."

"This hope that you call foolish......will be the very thing that helps me tear you apart."

The rain began to fall even harder as time went on. Soon Tokinada and Yozora charge at each other with their blades in hand. As their blades clashed, one thought went through their minds.

"I will fight with all of my strength......"

".....i will use everything that i've gained up to this moment........"

".........TO STOP/KILL YOU!!!!!!"

A man who's only saw the ugly side of humanity. The boy who only knew of suffering, but gained so much more as he kept moving forward. They both wish for the same thing. To live their life how they want to. As for the answer on how to do so, they will discover during this fight. The final battle is upon us.