Chapter 109 The Moon

~Timeskip~
Three long months have passed. During that time, Tanjiro and his friends finished their rehabilitation training. During that time, Yozora stormed the Shie Hassaikai's based and defeated Kai Chisaki. A lot has happened during this time, yet Yozora feels as if something worse is about happen. Right now he is at the Demon Slayer Corps' headquarters as he just received a new mission.

"Yozora!!! I'm so glad to see you have recovered."

Yozora turned around as he saw Rengoku smiling at him. The boy returned the gesture as he was happy to see Rengoku again. As the two greeted each other, Shinobu saw them and decided to join in.

"Hello Rengoku-san, Yozora. Are you two heading into battle?"

"That's right, Kocho-san! We got new intel on a demon. Unfortunately, the demon slayer who found it was killed. We're losing more and more comrades."

Yozora started to frown as he heard this. More and more people were being killed. He needed to do something, that's why he joined the demon slayer corps in the first place.

"Could it be one of the Twelve Kizuki?"

"Most likely, maybe an Upper Rank!"

Yozora's interest was piqued at this. The Twelve Kizuki, Yozora wasn't sure how he would do against one. Though he knows how powerful Rengoku is, so instead of worrying he just smiled.

"Well Rengoku-san, let's do our best on both of our missions and save as many people as we can."

"Hmmmm, you have a mission as well."

"That's right Shinobu. Apparently, multiple demon slayers were killed deep in a forest. It's close by a path the train takes, which is a bit concerning. Considering how many passengers there are, if the demon somehow got near the train tracks and boards the train, it will be a disaster."

Shinobu nodded as she looked at Yozora. She knew how serious he was about this situation. As Yozora prepares to leave, Rengoku grabbed onto his shoulder.

"Yozora, there is something i'd like to tell you!"

"Hmm? What is it Rengoku-san?"

Rengoku was about to tell Yozora what was on his mind, but he soon shook his head. As he gave Yozora a slight push forward, he said one thing.

"Set your heart ablaze!!!!"

Yozora's eyes widen for a moment. Soon a smile is formed on his face as he runs ahead. As he did, he shouts at Rengoku.

"I won't let you down, Rengoku-san!!"

As Yozora was gone from her sight, Shinobu turned towards Rengoku. She saw that he had a proud look on his face when he saw Yozora leaving.

"That's right. You were the first to meet Yozora and was the one who saved him. To see the person you save become a strong pillar...you must be proud, Rengoku-san."

"Of course i am! However, i want to tell him that face to face when we both come back from our mission. Besides, seeing the boy who wished to be saved grow into a man who wants to protect others.....how could i not be proud!"

As Rengoku gets prepared to leave for his own mission, he had a sudden feeling overwhelming him. He felt a strong sense of dread, yet he didn't know why. As he looks onward, he says one thing.

"Yozora.....you've grown up so much."

~Meanwhile~
Muichiro is seen with Tokinada at his household. Muichiro was sitting in silence as Tokinada was drinking tea. When he was done, Tokinada looked at the Mist Pillar.