Chapter 121 The Sky

~At the Demon Slayer Corps HQ~
Ubuyashiki was sitting along with his children. As he was, two people were sitting in front of him. One was a man wearing a bird mask that covered his face. The other person was the Insect Pillar herself.

"Shinobu, i am glad you brought this to my attention. To think that Yozora would be kidnapped. I must apologize for my actions. I was so focused on Kibutsuji, that i didn't account for a third party that might want to interfere."

"It is not your fault, Oyakata-sama. However, may i ask why this individual sitting next to me is present."

Ubuyashiki nods as he could understand why Shinobu was a bit skeptical of the man. Soon he voiced his thoughts to the Insect Pillar.

"This man was the person who carried Yozora to Kyojuro before his final moments. Not only that...he's defecting from the Shie Hassaikai. He says he has information on where Yozora may be. He's the best chance we have at finding Yozora."

Shinobu looked at Rappa for a moment. She didn't know if she should trust him or not, but she doesn't have much of a choice. As Shinobu nods her head, Ubuyashiki said one thing.

"Shinobu....you only have one task. Bring Yozora Tsugikuni back to us."

"Understood."

~With Yozora~
Yozora held his head in pain as he regained yet another memory. As this happened, Sora swung his blade at Yozora. The boy used his own sword to block the attack, but it seems like the blade will shatter at any moment.

"That memory....it was nothing but painful. Sora....was he really dealing with all this by himself while i met so many people......i don't pity him......i don't pity him...i don't pity him. But if the path i'm walking down ends up with an outcome like that or even worse.....what am i going to do?"

"So you remembered. That simplifies things a bit. Now tell me Yozora, after learning that, do you still think that you can become a hero of justice?"

"Its not a matter of if i want to become one, it's that i will become one no matter what!"

Yozora swung his blade at Sora. Seeing this, Sora steps to the side and makes Yozora trip. As Yozora spun his body in order to slash him, Sora swung his own sword. As the blades clashed, it was Yozora's sword that was shattered into pieces.

"You're right? You must become one no matter what. That's the only thing that gives your life meaning, however you can't lie to me. Deep down you know that you don't have it in you to be a hero of justice."

"That's not true....i will. I'll be a hero who can save ever-."

"If that was possible why couldn't we save Akame! Even that damn brat Tanjiro is trying to pull it off. He kept his sister alive in hopes of finding a cure. What does that make us, huh! If such a thing was possible, then that means Akame could've been saved!"

Sora stabs his sword into Yozora's left hand. As the boy screamed in pain, Sora kicks Yozora's face as hard as he could.

"If such a cure does exist, then that would make Akame's last wish meaningless. We wouldn't be someone who honored a person's last wish, we'll just end up being a brother who murdered his sister in cold blood when a way to save her was possible. Hero of justice, don't make me laugh. You want to save everyone, then why didn't you save Akame. Why didn't you save Muramasa?! Why didn't you save Tasuke?! Why didn't you save Zenon?! Why didn't you save Rengoku?!"

Sora grabbed another sword from ground and stabs Yozora's back with it. As Yozora screamed in pain, Sora had an angered look on his face.

"The ideals you live for are just borrowed, ideals that even Akame couldn't live up to. Just because the ideal consumes you, doesn't mean that helping others is what you truly want. Someone like us, someone who only survived because we abandoned others and killed more people than we could save.....believing that we can be a force for good.....it is the height of hubris!!"