Chapter 83 The Prelude to Chaos

~3 days later~
Murata was standing outside the inn he was staying at. As he did he saw the three pillars walk out as well. After a long battle, they all recovered and are now about to go their separate ways.

"Murata, make sure you be careful okay?"

"Don't worry Yozora, i promise."

Murata looked at the people he stayed with at the inn. Despite how weird these pillars were, they were actually kind people. Without knowing it, Murata became friends with them.

"Young Murata! Be sure you work hard and get plenty of rest!!!!"

"I will.....though you pillars need the most rest. You all looked half dead when you came back."

The group soon broke out in laughter. After they were done, they all started to walk in different directions. They knew they'll see each other again so there was no need for words.

As Yozora is walking away, he was thinking to himself. He knew that he was still immature and had to get stronger. For now, he was going to focus on what he can do next. As he is walking back home he looked at the sky.

"Rest in peace, Zenon. I hope you can see Akame and Father in the afterlife and you all can rest easy."

Yozora began his long trip back home on foot. As he walks back he starts thinking to himself on everything that's happened in Shinjuku.

"Well....it may not have a happy ending, but it looks like i have a good story to tell Onui and Nora."

~At the Church on top the hill~
"So it would seem Zenon was defeated. I must admit, even i did not expect such a thing to happen."

Kotomine stood alone at the altar. Despite knowing of Zenon's death, he couldn't hold back his smile. He knew forcing Zenon to fight Yozora would bring pain to both parties and he enjoyed it.

Soon Kotomine heard a knock on the door. As he calmed himself down, he stood before the altar. When he turns around his eyes were met with his daughter's.

"Welcome Nora, i didn't expect a visit from you. What brings you here to the church?"

"Well father it's......well.........."

"Nora, are you upset right now? You are wearing quite the poker face at the moment."

Nora's eyes widen a bit at her father's words. It was true she was sad and didn't want to show it, but she didn't want to reveal why. At least, not at the moment. Kotomine looks at his daughter and smiled since he already knew the problem.

"It must hurt, doesn't it Nora. To see a friend you knew since childhood and they don't even remember you."

Nora looked down as she had a sad look on her face. Soon she looked back up at her father and spoke her mind.

"Its true he may not remember me, but him and i still have a bond even now. It doesn't matter if he remembers me from the past or not. As long as we're still close.....that's good enough for me."

Having said that, Nora decided to leave the church. Kotomine chuckled at his daughter's response as he turns to the altar.

"I wonder what type of future they'll face. Hopefully it's an amusing one. That is.......if he can survive to see the future."

~Onui's Workshop~
"I wonder when he's coming back. It's been awhile since he stopped to rest."

Onui was inside of her workshop waiting for Yozora. She was glad he's doing his part as a demon slayer, but she worries that he's overworking himself. While she's supportive of his choices, Onui can't help but worry about Yozora every now and then.

Soon Onui heard someone knocking at the entrance of her shop. As she went to open the door she heard a large thud. When she opened the door she saw a boy on the ground. She smiled as she kneeled down in front of him and puts his head on her lap.

"Welcome back, Yozora."

Yozora looked up at Onui. He has a small smile on his face as he was looking at the girl. Onui returned the favor with her own smile as she looked at Yozora.

"It's good to be back, Onui."

Onui and Yozora soon head inside as they had a long chat. Yozora told her about what he did on his mission. From meeting Murata to what he did to Zenon. Onui held Yozora's hands and looked him in the eyes.

"Yozora, i'm sorry. Why is it always kind people such as you that always end up suffering? I'm just a swordsmith, the only thing i'm good at is making swords but please....don't be afraid to rely on me more. I......i don't want to lose you too."

Yozora looked at Onui as she was on the verge of tears. Yozora soon hugs her close to him. Onui was shocked for a moment, but returned the favor by hugging back.

"Onui, thank you for finding value in my pathetic life. To be honest, you're one of the few things that can keep me going. I promise, i'll never leave you alone."

"Thank you..........."

~At the church~
Kotomine stood at the altar in silence. As he did he heard footsteps as someone was walking into the church. He wasn't surprised since he was expecting a certain guess after learning of Zenon's demise.

"To make a demon, such as myself, enter a holy place such as this. You have guts, Kotomine. Now then, let us get to the matter at hand. Is it true that Zenon was killed?"

The priest smiled as he turns to face the man. As Kotomine looked at him, the demon felt as if the devil was staring at him.

"Make yourself comfortable here, this talk of ours may take awhile. Though i'm shocked at your question. Since your occupation is being part of a yakuza, I thought the death of a comrade would be something you're familiar with. Am i wrong.......Kai Chisaki."