Chapter 118 Battle of the Skies

Yozora starts to regain his vision. As he looked around, he saw himself in an unfamiliar place. He was on a hill of swords that was covered in snow. He was confused on where this place was, but he saw a person walking towards him.

"The time has finally come, Yozora."

As Yozora caught a glimpse of the person's face, he gasped. They were an exact copy of him, only that his eyes were blue and resembled a feline.

"Don't bother trying to think of a way out of here. We're inside your mind, this world is your very soul. Only you and i can access this place."

"Who are you?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm Yozora Tsugikuni, though i guess in your eyes i'm nothing but a fake."

Suddenly the boy picked up a sword from the ground. As he did, Yozora also took a sword and used it to block the attack. When their swords collided, an image flashed before Yozora's eyes. No....it didn't feel right to just call it an image. It was....a memory, his memory. As the two boys jumped back to gain distance, the attacker spoke up.

"Yozora, i told you that i fight for myself. During that battle with Upper Moon One, we barely manage to drive him away. It was only because we caught him by surprise that we could fight effectively. But now that he knows everything about us, we can't afford to half ass our efforts any more."

Yozora looked at his second personality. He couldn't deny a single thing he said. As he looked at him, he saw that his second personality lacked any signs of life in his eyes.

"Though to make communication easier, you can call me Sora for now. Yozora, our strength is too divided. The gap between our strength is like night and day. This body can't fully fight to its best capabilities if its forced to share its strength between two entities. It can't sync with both of us. So that leaves us with one option."

Suddenly Sora swung his blade at Yozora. Yozora tries to block Sora's strikes but he could tell that he was attacking faster and stronger than before.

"For this body's strength and potential to truly be unleashed, there only needs to be one existence occupying it. So then...let's see it. Which of us is the REAL Yozora Tsugikuni?"

~Meanwhile~
Yozora's bandaged body is seen inside of a cell. His arms were chained to the wall as his back was against the wall. Outside of the cell, Kurome looked at him with a smile on her face.

"I heard that Chisaki was killed and that his base was destroyed by a single demon slayer. At first i thought it was impossible, but i guess that was you."

Kurome knew she wouldn't get an answer from the boy she captured. As she stood there, she saw Kotomine walking towards her.

"So he's caught your interest as well, Kurome."

"Why wouldn't he, he did something even i couldn't do. After all, he's the one who killed Akame."

As Kurome and Kotomine spoke, they heard footsteps getting closer to them. When they turned around, they saw Tokinada approaching them.

"Oh, it seems you two are lively."

"That is very true, Tokinada. But i must say....to assassinate your own wife and her family to become their head, having the demon slayer corps use one of the pillars to guard you, AND to have it seem that Chisaki was the boss. You've impressed me once again."

Tokinada merely smiled as he turned his head towards the cell. When his eyes landed on Yozora, he smiled viciously. After all this time, he's finally seeing Yozora for the first time.

"So this is my grandson. I must say, he's a lot stronger than i anticipated him to be. Muichiro spoke fondly of him, so you could say that my interest was piqued."

As he looked at his grandson, chained to the wall inside of a prison cell, Tokinada couldn't help but laugh in joy. He could tell why Yozora hasn't woken up yet and he was enjoying every second of it.

"Kotomine, Kurome. I will leave the task of watching over my grandson to both of you. Kurome, should things go south, you can do as you please with my grandson."

"Really? Well you won't hear me complaining."

As Tokinada walks away he looks at his grandson one more time. Which personality will remain, which one will fade to nothingness. Either way, Yozora would lose a part of himself and he will never be complete.

"I have a feeling something interesting is about to take place."

~With Yozora~
As Yozora looked at Sora, he looked at his alter self's eyes. They held no attachment in them whatsoever. No attachment to family, friends, not even to his own life.

"A hero who saves everyone in front of him. That dream is the only thing you've been passionate about. So much so that you never developed a passion of your own. Not everyone can be saved, not even yourself."

Suddenly Sora charged at Yozora with incredible speed. As this happened, Yozora also charged forward with a blade in his hand.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Tenth Form:Clash of Swallow!"

Yozora and Sora were both coated in high amounts of water as they charged at each other with great speed and power

Yozora and Sora were both coated in high amounts of water as they charged at each other with great speed and power. When their two moves clashed, a small explosion occured. Yozora and Sora were clashing their swords with incredible speed. However, as this clash continued, Sora was the one who was gaining the upper hand. Soon he kicks Yozora in the gut, which sent the boy flying backwards.

"Yozora....your mind can't be in sync with your body. Haven't you ever felt like you could draw out more power, but as soon as you do, your body feels like it might be torn apart."

Yozora's eyes widen as he heard this. That was exactly what happened when he was fighting against Chisaki. However, Sora looked extremely angry at Yozora.

"Its time you face reality Yozora. You've killed a lot more than you saved. You've suffered a lot more than others, yet you never cared for your own salvation. Its time to put this to an end. That dream, that ideal you cherish so much, if you can't live without it....then let it drag you down until you drown in your own despair."