Chapter 157 End of the War

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Yozora soon turned towards his allies. He knew this war was over for them, but for him, he still has one last battle. When he looked at his comrades, he saw Tanjiro walking towards him.

"Yozora-san.........we won."

"Yeah....but.....i wish i could've done more. Muichiro and Gyomei lost an arm. Iguro doesn't even look like he'll make it. Not to mention that Kurome......Kurome and Rappa........."

Tanjiro looked at Yozora. With Yozora being so mature and being a pillar, it was easy to forget that Yozora was younger than him. Soon Muichiro walked towards Yozora. All he did was put his remaining arm on Yozora's right shoulder. Tanjiro followed his lead and puts a hand on Yozora's other shoulder. Soon they both said the same thing.

"Yozora.......you don't need to hold back anymore."

"Thank you......thank you Tanjiro....Muichiro.......thank you!!!"

Yozora couldn't hold back the tears anymore. He couldn't stop crying. Soon Muichiro and Tanjiro themselves found themselves crying with him. This marked the end of the Demon Slayer Corps battle, but for Yozora........he still has one more battle to fight on his own. But still.......he was happy that no one else had to suffer anymore.

While this was happening, Iguro coughed up more blood. His vision was starting to get hazy. However, he soon heard someone calling out his name.

"Iguro!!!!! Iguro!!!!! Please stay with me, Iguro."

As the Serpent Pillar turned to the side, he saw Mitsuri running towards him with tears in her eyes. She soon hugged him close as he began to speak to her.

"Mitsuri....are you okay?"

"Don't worry about me! We need to get you to Shinobu!!!"

Iguro merely shook his head as he looked at Mitsuri. To be honest, he was surprised that he could still fight even though he was stabbed through the chest twice. Soon he spoke up to her.

"No.....it's too late for me. But i don't regret what i did, Mitsuri. If doing this means you can keep smiling and have a happy future....then it was worth it."

"Iguro........"

"Despite us both being fellow pillars and slaying demons, you were still able to smile so brightly and treated everyone like a normal person. I admired that about you, i always have. That's part of the reason why i kept fighting."

Mitsuri couldn't stop the tears from falling out of her eyes. Soon Iguro wipes away her tears as the bandages around his mouth started to fall off. He smiled weakly as he said one thing.

"Please live on, Mitsuri. Share the smile that i love so much to others, so they can smile brightly alongside you. Live your life to the fullest. That's all i want. I know its selfish but....."

"I will. I will live my life, but i will never forget you. I loved being around you too. I'm loved being able to talk to you. Iguro, i love you with all of my heart."

Iguro felt tears falling down his face. As he slowly closed his eyes, he said one thing to Mitsuri as he smiled at her.

"Maybe one day.......in another life....where we are both free from the pain and suffering that we endured, i can truly stand by your side and make you happy."

"I'll wait for as long as it takes for that day to come."

"Thank you.....Mitsuri....."

Iguro completely closed his eyes. Mitsuri couldn't stop her tears anymore as she just cried while she held Iguro's body. Soon the Kakushi arrived in the area. They helped to bring the injured to the Butterfly Estate and even helped to bury those who have fallen during this battle.

Soon Muichiro looked at Yozora. As they stopped crying, he simply puts his hand on Yozora's head. With a soft smile, Muichiro spoke to his cousin.

"Let's go home, Yozora."

~Meanwhile~
Tokinada is seen at the remains of Yozora's old village. When he did, he sat down as he looked at the sky. He had a serious look on his face.

"Its safe to assume that Kotomine was defeated. Though i expect that the Demon Slayer Corps had some major losses along the way. It would probably take Yozora around three months to make a full recovery."

Tokinada didn't seem bothered that Kotomine died. As he kept staring at the sky, an image of a certain woman entered his mind as he remembered what she said to him.

"Father........its true that this world is cruel. But there is some beauty in it as well. When i give birth to my child with Yaboku, maybe then you'll see it. The beauty of humanity. If you two meet, i'm sure you'll find the answer you're looking for. I'm sure you'll learn what it is that you desire most."

"Shiki Ryougi

"Shiki Ryougi.........my daughter. You'll never forgive me for my actions. I don't blame you. But all i've seen of humans has always been the same. If you survived long enough, you could've seen it. The ugliness that humanity tries to hide. After all, this very village showed no type of kindness to the baby that you've brought into this world."

Tokinada simply couldn't accept this world. The good suffer so much, while the guilty ones almost seem to live on with no consequences. Not to mention that the so called "good people" also sinned, yet hide their actions under a kind facade.

He knew Yozora wasn't a bad person, yet he had a tragic life. Meanwhile, Tokinada knew he was evil to the core and has yet to have been judged accordingly. This world, the people, the views on what's right and what's wrong.....all of it was just boring in Tokinada's eyes.

Over time, he no longer felt the need to restrain his cruel nature. He doesn't care what happens to him, he'll still have the last laugh. Even if he burns in hell, he'll still smile knowing that he lived his life how he wanted. He wasn't going to act like a good person just because it's convenient for everyone except himself.

".....Yozora Tsugikuni....my only family left. I can't wait for you to fight me. I shall show you just how cruel the world is. When i do, i want to see if you're still able to see any worth in living in a world as cruel as this..... just like your mother did."

Tokinada soon laughed to himself. A figure suddenly appeared next to him as he activated his blood demon art. When he turned to the figure, he smiled. He knew that this will truly send Yozora to the breaking point and his true nature will reveal itself.

The figure's body was covered in a black mist at first. As the mist slowly disappeared, the first thing that could be seen at the moment was gold hair with red tips.

The war that the Demon Slayer Corps has spent a long time battling has finally come to a close. But for Yozora, he has one obstacle left to face. The end of his journey as demon slayer slowly approaches.