"Now, they've been attacking Dumbledore as well," Sirius told them. "Fudge is using all of his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet, to smear anyone who claims that the Dark Lord as returned."

"Why?" Harry demanded.

"Can they not accept the truth?" Haven questioned at the same time.

"He thinks Dumbledore is after his job," Remus explained.

"But that's insane," Harry stated. "No one in their right mind could believe that!"

"Exactly the point," Remus said. "Fudge isn't in his right mind."

"What? So put him in a mental asylum," Haven advised. "Harry isn't a liar."

"It's been twisted and warped by fear," Remus went on, giving her a pointed look so stern it made her shrink back in her seat. He was very good at playing disappointed parent, she'd give him that. "Now fear, makes people do terrible things. The last time Voldemort gained power he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he's returned, I'm afraid the minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth."

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again," Sirius informed. "Fourteen years ago, he had huge numbers in his command. And not just witches and wizards, but all manner dark creatures. He's been recruiting heavily, and we've been attempting to do the same." His blue eyes flickered to something behind Haven's head, before he glanced between the two siblings. "But gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in."

Someone cleared their throat, and Sirius stiffened in his seat as he straightened up. "We believe, that Voldemort may be after something..."

"Sirius," Moody warned.

"Something he didn't have last time," Sirius finished.

"You mean like a weapon?" Harry asked.

"I think he means us, Harry," Haven muttered, and the room became so quiet that she could've heard a pin drop.

"Yes—"

"No," Molly snapped, cutting off Sirius as she stormed over to the table, and snatched the paper from Harry's hands. "They're just children! You say much more and you might as well indict them into the Order straight away."

"Good!" Harry enthused. "I want to join. We want to join. If Voldemort's raising an army, then we want to fight."

"Don't speak for your sister," Moody ordered, but Haven just nodded her head in agreement.

"No. He's right. Voldemort has taken enough from us. I want to fight, too."

Sirius raised his hands, a proud smile forming on his face as he leaned back into his chair. "There we go."

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

Haven brought Harry into a tight hug the next morning, and he returned the gesture, although he still seemed a little confused to why she had suddenly wrapped her arms around him. "Good luck at your hearing today, Harry."

"What? You're not coming with me?"

"We're not allowed," Hermione answered, announcing her arrival. Haven pulled away from her brother, allowing the other girl to squeeze in a hug as well. Ron trailed behind her, giving Harry a small smile of encouragement as Arthur appeared at the doorway.

"Alright, Harry. Let's go."

Haven watched as they left, and when the door shut behind them, Hermione suddenly grabbed her hand, and dragged Haven up the stairs. They both fell onto her bed next to Ginny and Tonks, who were wearing excited grins.

"Okay, now that the boys are gone, we can talk about girl stuff."

"Ooh," Ginny beamed. "Like what?"

"Like..." Hermione trailed off, glancing to Haven. "Like who we each like! Who wants to go first?"

"Well, there is this one boy," the redhead started after a moment, smiling shyly. "We met last year at Hogsmeade. He's a Hufflepuff."

"Do tell!"

Ginny shrugged. "Not much happened. He was pretty cute though."

"What about you, Hermione?" Tonks wondered. "Anyone you got an eye on?"

"Ron," Haven answered with a wicked smirk.

Hermione threw a pillow at her. "Do not!"

"Do to! I have eyes, you know."

"Says the one who was making lovey-dovey eyes at Draco!"

Haven gasped, clamping her hand over the other girl's mouth, before bursting out into laughter. "Okay, to be fair, that is a little bit true." The girls shared wide eyed looks, and murmured a few things, before Haven giggled again. "But it was only during our third year! He must've hit puberty or something, cause he looked good. But I never actually had a thing for him."

"Please," Hermione scoffed. "I know my best friend."

"Whatever," Haven replied, rolling her eyes. "You're totally wrong, though. I mean, he's such a... presumptuous ass. Especially to Harry."

"That's true," Ginny agreed.

"Fine," Hermione huffed. "We'll come back to this conversation later, though."

"I'm sure we will," Haven responded. Soon, their conversation drifted from topic to topic, until hours later, Harry returned home with the news that he hadn't been expelled. Haven let out a breath of relief when he had told her. They were going home. They would be returning to Hogwarts. Together.

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

— AUTHORS NOTE

i'm ngl i'm having so much fun writing this omg i forgot how much i loved harry potter