A few hours later I woke up expect not on the couch but on the bed in Demi’s room.

“Morning sleepy head” I heard Demi call from the couch.

“Did you move me?” I asked as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

“Yeah you didn’t look to comfortable on the couch plus I figured you were tired considering you were outside all night”

“Oh yeah sorry I couldn’t sleep. The movie I guess” I smiled weakly finally getting out of bed.

“Do you always need a late night smoke” Demi questioned.

“Sorry I forget” I said eyeing her.

“What’s that supposed to mean” Demi said standing up clearly offended by my lack of words.

“Nothing.” I said making my way to the door to head back inside.

“You know your attitude is getting real old Izzy”

“Yeah well im surprise you even notice” I shouted back as I slammed the door and made my way across the yard to the kitchen sliding doors to be greeted by Dianna.

“Oh, good morning Izzy. Did you spend the night in Demi’s room?”

“Yeah I ran into her last night. How long is she here for?”

“Well considering its Thanksgiving in a week I think intill the Holidays”

“Oh about thanksgiving I wanted to ask for your permission, a few of my friends and I back in L.A. used to have friendsgivng and I really miss them, and I know it’s a family holiday and you wanted me to meet the rest of the family but my friends mean a lot to me too and I haven’t seen them since I moved here” I rambled on only to be shut up by Dianna putting her hand up.

“Its okay I get it and I suppose you can go.”

“Thank you so much!” I jumped up hugging her. Despite Dianna not having and biological relationship to me I still  respected her and looked at her as mother figure even Eddie I couldn’t just go around this house and act like they mean nothing considering they’ve been nothing but nice and welcoming me to me.

“So have you looked into tickets, I mean they aren’t going to be cheap especially with the holidays coming up”

“Um yeah and actually, you know my friend Jackie, yeah well her family flies out to L.A. for thanksgiving and her older brother isn’t going with them this year so they have an extra ticket which she offered”

“Wow. When’s the flight leave?”

“Tomorrow night” I spoke with a cheeky smile.

“Well im glad you at least asked for permission” she laughed. “Go on you better pack”.

And with that I spent most of my day packing. I made my way downstairs only to be greeted to an empty house. I pulled out my phone and called Jackie.

“Hey finished packing” Jackie answered on the other line.

“Pretty much. I’m soooo ready to get outta of here and just let loose”

“Because you don’t do that here”

“Ha Ha! Don’t call yourself a saint I saw you sneak away with that guy at the party last weekend.” I joked with her.

“Hey I’m not tied down like you”

“For the hundredth time Michael and I aren’t hooking up”

“Are you going to give him a goodbye snuggle before we leave tomorrow” Jackie continued to joke.

“No! Plus he’s working tonight” I answered quickly realizing I actually wanted to see him. Its only been a couple months since we meet but we’ve become really close. On the days when he doesn’t have to stay for practice we carpool together to school he even started coming with Jackie and I on our late night runs, of course he says its for protections because we shouldn’t be out alone.

“I swear you two need to just hook up already, Michael is literally perfect and I can tell when he is around how much your face lightens up” Jackie spoke taking me out of my thoughts.

“Shut up shut up shut up”

“Hey my parents are out running last minute errands before we leave. I’ll pick you up and you can just stay over in till we leave tomorrow and we can have a few drinks until you spill your drunken feelings on Michael.”

“Shut up and come pick me up” I said before hanging up. I brought my luggage down to the living room and wrote a note informing who ever read it that I was leaving. After a few minutes Jackie pulled up and helped me with my things. 

Jackie’s and I laughs filled the night sky alongside by the smoke from our mini bonfire as we joked.

“Omg Izzy I swear where the hell have you been all my life” Jackie busted out laughing as I finished telling her about my adventures back home in L.A.

“I swear when we’re in L.A. you have to come out with my friends and I”

“Definitely! We better we get to bed it’s almost 3am and we have a flight to catch”

“I guess you’re right” I said putting out the fire and helping Jackie clean up before heading to bed.

~~

Demi’s POV

“Hey Izzy I brought you some food…” I shouted through the empty house as I entered. Izzy had been upstairs all day and I knew it would just be her and I for the night so I went to buy us some food. “Izzy?” I continued to shout for her.

Spending the night at Jackie’s then leaving to L.A. See you guys after Thanksgiving

-Izzy

“What the hell” I spoke as finished reading the sticky note Izzy had left. I pulled out my phone and dialed Izzy only to have the call go straight to voicemail. Seriously who leaves before a family holiday? It’s so typical of Izzy too, so stubborn.