Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning feeling like shit. I made my way to the bathroom and splashed some water on my face and take an Advil. I quickly hopped in the shower and then made my way downstairs pulling over an oversized sweater as walked down the stairs.

“Surprised to see you up” I head Maddie speak as a made my way into the kitchen.

“Shouldn’t you be at school?” I questioned.

“Shouldn’t you not be out partying in till 3 am” she said take a spoonful of cereal and smiling cheeky at me.

“Touché” I responded grabbing a banana for myself.

“I won’t tell Mom and Dad if you don’t”

“My lips are sealed” I said motioning my shutting my lips.

“By the way there’s a cute boy waiting for you outside”

“What!? OMG Maddie why are you just telling me now” I nearly jumped out of my seat running outside.

“Relax he’s only been outside for like 5 minutes” I heard Maddie shout as I opened the door to see Michael leaning on the hood of his car.

“Hey” he said standing up right as I approached him.

“Hey to you too” I smiled.

“Brought you something” he said handing me a cup of coffee, Advil container, and a Gatorade for my hangover. “Thought you might need them today considering how much fun you had last night”.

“Thanks. Hey shouldn’t you be headed to school or something” I questioned.

“Nah I have the first hour free”

“I thought your last hour was free”

“Nah just this week then it’s back to football practice”

“I see.” I stood there awkwardly sipping my coffee.

“Soooo you want to go get your car or…”

“Oh yeah lets go” I said hopping in to the passenger side of his car.

“So what was the occasion for partying so hard on a Thursday night” Michael questioned as we drove off.

“Yesterday was my birthday. Yeah that was my party well it was actually supposed to be just a small thing but before I knew it was a full out party.”

“Well happy belated birthday, you definitely know how to throw a kick ass party ”

“Thanks I guess” I smiled as we approached where my car was left last night I noticed one of my friends who had flown out here form L.A. standing outside smoking a cigarette.

“Shit I completely forget to text them”

“Who?” Michael asked.

“A few of my friends from L.A. flew out here to celebrate and I guess they just crashed here” I said motioning the girl to Michael.

“Oh. So I’m guessing I wont see you today in class” he asked in adorable way.

“Probably not. But hey I owe you for this and last night maybe I can take you out to eat or something” I said unbuckling my seat belt.

“Is that your way of asking me out” Michael joked.

“Don’t push it quarterback” I said playfully pushing him before getting out of the car.

“Here give me your number” he said handing me his phone.

“Is that your way of asking me out” I questioned playfully before circling the car to his side and putting my number in his phone.