Chapter 8

“So how are things with Mr. hottie” Jackie huffed as we finished our night run.

“Michael? We’re just friends” I managed to say completely out of breath.

“That is a fat lie and you know it. Come on its been a few months and you two have only gotten closer and closer to each other.”

“Don’t worry if there were something going on you’d be the first to know.” I smiled as we got into my car to head home.

It was almost 10pm by the time I had gotten home, Dallas and Maddie were both gone for the night and assuming from all the lights off Eddie and Dianna were asleep. I made my way inside and went to the back yard and sat by the pool to smoke a cigarette.

“You know that’s a nasty habit” I heard a voice call from behind causing me to immediately put it out.

“Yeah well old habits die hard” I spat as soon as I saw it was Demi. I don’t know why but it really infuriated me whenever she tried to but in with my personal decisions and actions. Demi walked by and sat next to me quietly. “When did you get back?” I questioned.

“Earlier today”

“How long are you here for this time” I continued questioning Demi in an annoyed toned.

“Is this 21 questions or something” Demi laughed.

“Just curious that’s all” I said standing up heading back inside.

“Hey Iz, wait, I’m not tired are you up for movie”

“Umm I need to shower” I said motioning the sweet still stained on my shirt from my earlier workout.

“You can shower in my room, come on” she said pulling toward the room in the backyard which was Demi’s more like private little house.

“Okay I need clothes I’m not going to watch a movie naked” I said as Demi threw at me a towel.

“Well then here!” she said throwing at me a pair of pajama shorts and tank top making sure they landed on my face making Demi laugh.

After showering I made my way back to Demi who was cuddled on the couch in front of her bed flipping through movie choices.

“I’m in the mood for scary, you?” Demi said as I took a seat across from her wrapping my feet in the blanket.

“Umm sure” I said. To be honest I hated scary movies but I figured I would just fall asleep soon.

Twenty minutes into the movies and I was beyond scared. I felt a hand touch my leg causing me to jump with fright.

“Are you scared” Demi asked concerned.

“So I’m not a fan of scary movies okay” I spoke uncovering my face with the blankets.

“Come here” Demi motioned opening her arms to embrace me in a hug which I quickly took in. “What kind of movies do you like” she asked as her warmth took me in.

“I don’t know whatever just nothing with clowns running around with a chainsaw”

“Okay well how about a Disney movie?”

“Whatever” I said suddenly feeling sleepy. Demi put on Cinderella and before I knew it she was out. I tried to get away from her grip only to be pulled back.

“Don’t leave” Demi groaned sleepily

“I just need to pee” I said finally being released by her warm embrace. I made my way to the bathroom i had left my things in the bathroom and started looking through them for a cigarette. As I walked back to where Demi was sleeping I took caution to make sure to not wake her as I made my way back to the backyard. I don’t remember how long I was outside but there was always something calming of being alone late at night. I made my way back inside to the room with Demi just as the sun was coming out, I grabbed the blanket and snuggled into the couch and let sleep take over my body.